Likes (0)

#2 Tue 16 Oct 12 10:54am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Re: Craft projects

That is stunning Coco!

I finally finished the knitted patchwork hoodie for my daughter. Here she is in it: http://imgur.com/DFBXr
Next job is knitting a jumper for the lovely friend who helps me with my computer. We've chosen the pattern, I've ordered the wool. Just waiting for it to arrive. smile

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 16 Oct 12 2:30pm

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

Looking forward to seeing your completed work cohphanta the pattern looks amazing.

Joy your knitted hoodie looks so cute and well made you should be proud of yourself.

Just enjoying spinning different yarns on the wheel, last one was one strand of multi coloured wool tops plyed with an alpaca strand. (seen and claimed by hubby). Currently working my way through a bag of bamboo silk before moving on to some multi coloured mohair. Will probably ply the last 2 together to make a crochet yarn.

In the meantime falling way behind on making any progress with alpaca crochet jacket that has been an exercise in mathematics because I'm using a much smaller diameter yarn and hook than stated in the pattern so have to multiply each piece out by it's dimensions and make it up as I go.

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 16 Oct 12 4:09pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

JoyYamDaisy wrote:

That is stunning Coco!

I finally finished the knitted patchwork hoodie for my daughter. Here she is in it: http://imgur.com/DFBXr
Next job is knitting a jumper for the lovely friend who helps me with my computer. We've chosen the pattern, I've ordered the wool. Just waiting for it to arrive. smile

Very cute!
I'm  not good at knitting.I can, but it's not pretty. I can do crochet very well so I stick with that!

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 16 Oct 12 5:35pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Coco thats clever and I like those slipper socks/boots that are pictured also .,,, are you goig to make some of those too ?

Joy that hoodie must have taken ages to make.

I cant knit a stitch.. well thats not really true I ddecided to ry and learn to knot once and I tried to make a knitted coton dish cloth ... it was not a sucess,started well but quickly deterorated, definatly was an interesting shape in the ed ( it was supposed to be oblong ) and I am not sure how it ended up with holes in it when I thought I was knitting it ... and that dear friends was my little flurry with a pair of knitting needles !! never again !

I dont manage any handicraafts these days ,   but I am going to go ad help my great neice and her family make her wedding invitatios soon.

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 16 Oct 12 9:01pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

cohphanta wrote:

Any non-food projects on the horizon? I'm making this:

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/crocheti … cape/31528

I like the look of the Crocodile Stitch cardigan.......not that I would have the time to make it!

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 16 Oct 12 9:06pm

minerva

Forum champ

....busy making a multitude of gifts to give during our Yule festivities.
Aran jumpers for the bigger children, quilts for the babies & very small ones, sewn gifts/ preserves/liqueurs etc as tokens for the 'elders'.
Next week I will start to hand-paint the greetings cards to be sent with the gifts.....there will be a lot of them so I give myself plenty of time to do them.

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 16 Oct 12 11:05pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

minerva wrote:

cohphanta wrote:

Any non-food projects on the horizon? I'm making this:

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/crocheti … cape/31528

I like the look of the Crocodile Stitch cardigan.......not that I would have the time to make it!

I saw that too and since I'll be needing a lot of winter things...I may try that and the slippers! I'm going to try a few of the cowl neck scarves as well.

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 16 Oct 12 11:59pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Yes the crocodile cardigan also interests me.

I have recently learnt that the scarfs i made last year for friends are called cowl smile I will be making another as a gift again this year.

I make earings that i sell, others that i offer...that sounds funny  hmm i make all types of earings to sell but when i know a person i define their taste and i make a pair to offer.

At the moment i am knitting/crocheting mittens (non fingered) for christmas gifts. I taught myself how to knit before my first son was born and am an expert, crochet i have to study again as i havn't done crochet for over 30 yrs..i follow a pattern in English on the net...the pattern though is posted by i think a German, meaning that three languages try to connect yikes

Cushions, curtains(sp), clothes, i love making too.

Last edited by Kye (Wed 17 Oct 12 1:52pm)

Likes (0)

#10 Sun 04 Nov 12 12:23am

minerva

Forum champ

I though 'To hell with painting the cards, let's make something interesting'....so I have been making quilted handbags/tote bags instead!

Likes (0)