Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#411 Mon 15 Oct 12 9:56pm

srwroots

Member since Mon 15 Oct 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

I have a family member who is allergic to onion, I leave it out of all recipes since they can become quite ill. some recipes lack oomph without onion.  any suggestions as to a substitute, I also go easy on garlic since it is in the same plant family.  So far have used celery as a substitute but not always satisfying taste wise.

thank you

Likes (0)

#412 Wed 17 Oct 12 2:31pm

Teneka26

Member since Wed 17 Oct 12

Hi Jamie

I'm cooking a meal tonight for me and my partner and I would love to know how to make a fresh salmon meal with spice to it .
Luv Zoe x smile

Likes (0)

#413 Wed 17 Oct 12 2:39pm

Teneka26

Member since Wed 17 Oct 12

Hi Jamie

I'm cookin a fresh salmon meal tonight and just wondering how to make it with a hint a spice xx
Thank you
Luv Zoe xx

Likes (0)

#414 Wed 17 Oct 12 5:59pm

Crawl Walk Cook

Member since Wed 03 Oct 12

This is not really a question. More of a  roll moments.
I tried your simple ice cream recipe. But along with the frozen fruit I but raw Rhubarb in.  question What made it even more stupid was that I thought it was celery, but I still put it in.  yikes  yikes  question I feel so stupid.

This is also going to sound really stupid but my question is, does shaking your behind, while your rolling lemon/lime, really get more juice out question

Likes (0)

#415 Wed 17 Oct 12 6:50pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Jamie,  How old did you start letting your kids help with simple cooking.  My 2 year old wants to stir and taste and is really interested on the cooking and baking process.   What would you suggest keeping her busy with in the kitchen?  I really want her to keep a good interest in cooking and baking and enjoy it.  smile

Likes (0)

#416 Wed 17 Oct 12 10:27pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Ann ,when I made the bread , I gave my children chunks bread dough from a very early age , ( even in high chair !) they kneaded/bashed it about and had great fun . They made it into all sorts of weird and wonderful shapes/animal/flowers/trees etc etc and we left it to rise then we baked it !
Bread dough is great for little children as it feels nice they can bash it about , make whatever they want with it and then after all that it still prose well and bakes well  .. Amazing !

Helping to make a rubbed in recipe for biscuits and then rolling out the mixture and cutting them out is always fun as it making jam tarts ... But messy but somehow satisfying when you are small.

Bread and butter pudding is also a good thing to ake with small children but make sure that the butter is very soft for a child as young as 2 and also don't be suprised if the butter gist gets put in a flattened blobby bit in the middle of at oe edge of the bread and also gets a few holes ripped in it along the way ! That does not matter as it will still work out.
Spreading butter or jam it tricky for small children but it a great help in teaching them  coordination skills .. It really helps.

Likes (0)

#417 Wed 17 Oct 12 10:29pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Crawl Walk Cook wrote:

This is also going to sound really stupid but my question is, does shaking your behind, while your rolling lemon/lime, really get more juice out question

lol not really but it makes it more fun  lol

Likes (0)

#418 Wed 17 Oct 12 10:44pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

mummza wrote:

Crawl Walk Cook wrote:

lol not really but it makes it more fun  lol

It certainly gets the fat out, i do it all the time smile

Likes (0)

#419 Wed 17 Oct 12 10:52pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Trannoc wrote:

Hello Jamie!

We have just been to your italian restaurant in London. Great service and wonderfull food! The ITALIAN BREAD SELECTION was fabulous! Would you share the recipe for the (what i think was) chiabatta? It was so soft, spongy and dellicous.

Thank you so much,
Trannoc

Post 12 on this link gives you a Ciabatta recipe..
http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewto … 38&p=2

Likes (0)

#420 Fri 19 Oct 12 9:22am

emajonga

Member since Mon 15 Oct 12

hie Jamie
why is it so necessary that making a marinade,we need to put enough lime or lemon ?what effect do the citrus fruit have upon marinade

Likes (0)