Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 18 Oct 12 9:57am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Favorite pizza toppings.... and bases !

Pizza is something that many of us have a set idea of what we think it should taste like .

For me, I like a thin base and I like to be able to taste the tomato of the sauce and the indervidual toppings.

I just like simple toppings of my pizza and work on the principle that less is more , favoring just a few smple vegetable toppings.

My darling , loved a slightly thickercrust pizza and his favorite topping is a generous amount of pepperoni .

What pizza toppings do you enjoy best ?

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 18 Oct 12 9:58am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Favorite pizza toppings.... and bases !

I  was thinking today about that caulifflower pizza base that Kye made and reminding myself that I must get round to trying it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5rRzIy7XrA
This link is to Barry Lewis's 'My Virgin
Kitchen' you tube thread. Barry has a rather energetic style of cooking .
I seem to remember Barry coming along to the forum some years ago , Barry has taught himself to cook and has taped himself leaing to cook posting the films on youtube as he progressed through his journey.
Barry is aso teaching his young daughter to cook and some of these films apear on his website....
http://www.youtube.com/user/myvirginkitchen
Barry;s style might be a bit irritating to some of you I know, but I quite llike him , he's posts pictures also on instagram and through that I know that he spends quite a lot of time raising money for a number charities , this summer there was a picture posted of him and Mr Oliver at the big feastival.

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 18 Oct 12 12:31pm

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

Mummza, I like a thin crispy base sometimes and sometimes thick base.
As for toppings simple ones are usually better,
pesto, cheese and freshly cut tomato
tandouri chicken and veggies
prawns with fresh veggies
tomato, cheese and pepperoni
nothing too complicated.

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 18 Oct 12 1:07pm

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Oh yes must be a thin base and favourite topping is bacon, avo, cheese, red onion and pineapple

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 18 Oct 12 2:28pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

I like a very thin layer of tomato sauce.  Then on top I like a little fresh mozzarella, smoked ham, mushrooms, and dollops of cream cheese.

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 19 Oct 12 8:28am

FlameRed

Forum champ
Occupation Finally, gloriously & happily re-married to my old flame....
From Melbourne, Oz
Member since Thu 21 Sep 06

Sandy wrote:

Oh yes must be a thin base and favourite topping is bacon, avo, cheese, red onion and pineapple

oooh yes, that sounds nice except for the pineapple   wink

I'm a thin base too, with mushrooms, capsicum, tomato, onion and bacon and cheese...  yummy  dribble

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 19 Oct 12 8:40am

bradje

Member since Mon 12 Dec 11

Must have pineapple...the sweeter the better!
yummy  yummy  yummy

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 20 Oct 12 6:38am

RedfoxEstonia

Forum champ
Occupation museum guide in Tallinn Seaplane Hangars
From Tallinn, Estonia
Member since Tue 16 Mar 10

My pizza is more like a thick veggie pie on rye crust (the crust is as thin as possible though! Topping is thick). But that really takes a looot of vegetables. I usually use 3-4 packs (for a large pan pizza) of frozen mix to make it quicker, but sometimes just whatever is at hand. it can be spinach, or peas-carrots-cauliflower-leek-celery-brocoli-cottage cheese. Or sometimes tuna, rice, green beans and corn. Or mushrooms, onions, peas and cheese, with tomato paste. And always garlic and chilli pepper as well. I have also made kind of "sweet pizza" with really really fresh young caramelled carrots, caramelled shalott onions, white bell peppers and unflavored cream cheese, then I add nutmeg and thyme and mix the ingredients with eggs.

Last edited by RedfoxEstonia (Sun 21 Oct 12 8:25am)

Likes (0)