forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#71 Tue 12 Jun 12 9:42pm

Snezzer81

Member since Tue 12 Jun 12

Re: Chicken Korma Recipe EVER!

Hi

Just tried this tonight, is absoloutely gorgeous thanks elhousemartin

Does anyone know of any good recipes for Chicken passanda ? I've tried loads but none are close to the takeaway.

Thanks

Sarah

Likes (0)

#72 Mon 29 Oct 12 10:31am

Elektraman

Member since Sun 28 Oct 12

Made this last night, a couple of points I noted:

1) Not having time for an overnight marinade, I did it for 2 hours. The result is still absolutely outstanding!

2) I pureed the onions with a hand blender. This resulted in a "stringy" sauce. My wife tells me the magimix was the better option so shall try this next time.

3) I added a 160g can of creamed coconut in error and opted out of adding water. The result is a superb thick creamy sauce!

4) I added 4 tsp of sugar at the end as I thought the sauce was too "oniony". It certainly helped. next time I might cut the onions down slightly. Then again the onions I used were massive!

Try adding Madhur Jaffreys Naan bread receipe to this and you are well on target for a cracking curry experience!

Likes (0)

#73 Tue 30 Oct 12 10:24am

TomThurston

Member since Mon 15 Oct 12

in my eyes this recipe looks near enough perfect for me... theres only one thing that could be improved and that is the chicken. you should make sure that the chicken is fresh ans straight from the producer, dont mess about with chicken from supermarkets that has been dragged half way around the country. if you are unsure how to get in contact with the producers then go to foodbritain and they will act as a portal for you to get in contact with the correct people

Likes (0)

#74 Sat 03 Nov 12 10:21pm

Jonathanrowland

Member since Sat 03 Nov 12

Superb thanks.  Works a treat.  An authentic Korma.  Be brave.  Initially, when the spices hit the pan I must admit to being a little worried.  Be brave though.  When everything is in and festering, it gets good.  Cooked it first time for several guests, and it was fantastic.  Thanks again. mrgreen

Likes (0)

#75 Wed 17 Apr 13 3:11pm

Cavewoman

Occupation Aesthetician, Website Managment, Food Blogger
From Sunny California
Member since Mon 18 Mar 13

I love this recipe Jamie. I think you have found the perfect combination. All those years of trying paid off...Here is my version adapted for the Californian palette.....
http://www.goingcavewoman.com/korma.....We love you over here cool

Likes (0)

#76 Wed 24 Jul 13 6:14pm

Aliyahr

Member since Wed 24 Jul 13

Wow! I just made this now following this recipe and it is A-MAZING! Oh my gosh love it! Need to do this more often definately!

Likes (0)

#77 Mon 26 Aug 13 6:59am

davidjackson

Member since Fri 09 Aug 13

I’m happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Likes (0)

#78 Fri 10 Jan 14 12:16pm

AlixM

Occupation teacher
From Seville
Member since Fri 10 Jan 14

Hi,
I would appreciate a little advice.
I live in Spain where it's practically impossible to get ghee.  What's the best plan B? 
Olive oil is cheap, but is it better to use butter or sunflower oil?  I know it won't be the same but it's better than no korma at all!

Likes (0)

#79 Fri 10 Jan 14 12:28pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Hi Alix, I'd use half olive oil and half butter. You'll get the flavour of the butter fine.

(You can easily clarify butter by melting it, let it sit, and then pouring off the clear stuff at the top, leaving the little bits of milk solids that are at the bottom. The clear stuff is pretty much ghee. Those milk solids burn easily, which is why ghee is better for frying but, in this recipe, half oil/half butter should work fine.)

Last edited by JoyYamDaisy (Fri 10 Jan 14 12:30pm)

Likes (0)

#80 Fri 10 Jan 14 2:05pm

AlixM

Occupation teacher
From Seville
Member since Fri 10 Jan 14

Thanks, thats very interesting.

Likes (0)