Subscribe to forums RSS

#4291 Thu 25 Oct 12 12:38pm

Verik

From Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Member since Thu 25 Oct 12

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hello everyone!
I'm Vera from Russia, Saint-Petersburg.
Great website, great forum! Hope to find here lots of interesting info and maybe will be useful with russian cuisine smile

Dear Jamie,
you are one only really! I adore your show! Welcome to Russia! Your fans are waiting for you for sure! smile

With kind regards,
Vera

Likes (0)

#4292 Thu 25 Oct 12 2:33pm

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Hi and welcome Vera  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4293 Wed 31 Oct 12 6:39pm

revati

Member since Wed 31 Oct 12

Hi Jamie and Fellow forumers,

I am an Indian...have spent 39 years there:-)... Love the regional food. I come from a place called Pune, near Bombay... Currently I am living in France. I love French cuisine as well...  I have seen Jamie's recipes and I was amazed.... I love to try out Indian regional recipes that can go along with the occidental food...I have joined this forum so that I can exchange new ideas with the people who are like me...who love to cook.

Last edited by revati (Wed 31 Oct 12 6:57pm)

Likes (0)

#4294 Wed 31 Oct 12 7:52pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Welcome revati!

Likes (0)

#4295 Thu 01 Nov 12 10:07am

homegrownveges

Member since Thu 01 Nov 12

Hi all, i am nearly into my 6th decade of life and most of my cooking skills have been fairly basic to say the least - and i am new to this forum.
  There is something i must say and i dearly hope that Jamie does read this at some stage.
When i first saw Jamie on TV, i put him down as a pretentious, snotty nosed, smart-arse little t**t.  I couldn't stand him!
However, the more i watched him, the more i saw inside him and the more of him i saw, the more i admired him, his work and his drive and passion for his craft.
I now truly admire him.  i wish i had been allowed to follow my dreams when i was young.  You have done well Jamie Oliver and the world is a better place for it.

Last edited by homegrownveges (Thu 01 Nov 12 10:08am)

Likes (0)

#4296 Fri 02 Nov 12 3:07am

ilem

Member since Thu 01 Nov 12

Hi Jamie & everyone!
I'm Chinese Canadian born in Hong Kong and now lives in London, Canada! Jamie, your cooking shows are so inspiring. I love the beautiful way your shows are filmed. When you cook, you are so passionate that it makes me want to make those wonderful dishes that you create. I join your site to learn to make some of your recipes. In fact I tried to make the Korma curry paste tonight and my husband said that it's one of the best curry that he's ever had! So thank you and keep up the wonderful work!

Peace & Blessings
Irene smile

Likes (0)

#4297 Fri 02 Nov 12 11:53am

Alan Weston

Occupation Retired
From Australia NSW
Member since Fri 02 Nov 12

G'day Mate,
I'm an older Aussie Bloke. I have just joined your forum.
I love try out recipes that sound easy and will taste good and you have done many of these. Looking forward to many more.
I can't afford your books but try lots from the internet, Thanks very much for giving me these fun recipes. tongue

Likes (0)

#4298 Fri 02 Nov 12 6:59pm

fransack

Member since Fri 02 Nov 12

Hi there Jamie,

Love your recipes very much. I was wondering though if you have ever considered creating recipes for people who are on restricted diet. My friend is a dialysis patient and the dietery restrictions are unbelievable. I love to cook and try to find ways to convert  my recipes to fit her diet, but would love to have some other variations for her to try. I am sure that a lot of the other patients at the dialysis unit would appreciate it too.

I live in Richmond Hill in Ontario, just outside of Toronto. 

Hoping to hear that you can do something with this.

Sincerely

Fran  Sackler

Likes (0)

#4299 Sun 04 Nov 12 12:35am

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

Welcome to the forums: homegrownveges, ilem, Mr AussieBloke Weston & to fransack.

I hope you have time to search out a few interesting threads & stay a while to read & post a few comments.

Likes (0)

#4300 Sun 04 Nov 12 12:40am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

thank youuu Minni for being here again big_smile

Likes (0)