forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Mon 05 Nov 12 8:49pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Re: Have you bought or been given a new cookery book recently ?

I bought "The French Laundry Cookbook" last night. I can't wait to start cooking from it!!!

Likes (0)

#32 Mon 05 Nov 12 10:46pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

We have two lovely additions.

Around the world in 80 dishes. David Loftus, artistic photograph friend of J.O's.

A platter of figs and other recipes. David Tanis.

To the Lady who offered them to us  kiss  kiss and gigantic hugs.

Likes (0)

#33 Mon 05 Nov 12 11:41pm

bignige

Member since Mon 05 Nov 12

Hi I'm head chef at a state run boarding school trying to make a difference! Please check out my blog and share it http:/theschoolkitchen. blogspot.co.uk thanks guys!

Likes (0)

#34 Tue 06 Nov 12 7:11am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I did receive another book by Yotam Ottolenghi , it's called Jeresalem and is a wonderful book to read through , so far I have only made one dish inspired by the book but I have plans to make more .

I also received 'India' which is a comprehensive book about the cuisine of India , endless recipes , easy to follow and no pictures  .
Indian food is something I really enjoy and like Italian food there are endless different interpretations of the same dish . I enjoy reading the different variations .

The Platter of Figs book is one I keep meaning to buy myself , it looks an interesting book.
I have long since run out of space to put all the cookery books that I buy and I have plans to (next year) get more shelving made to store them , at the moment  oops not all will fit on the shelf and so they are piled around the room !

Likes (0)