Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 03 Nov 12 10:07am

smith201001

Member since Sat 03 Nov 12

Jamie Magazine as of issue #30 no longer avail in shop in Australia

Hi everyone, am from Australia.  I've been buying Jamie Magazine since first issue and never missed one issue until few month ago, issue #29.  Several stores unable to give me the status as they have no info on what happening.

Finally The Mag Nation store at Melbourne, told me that there was conflict with supplier over the cost (not sure if this the fact).  There is no guarantee as to when they are able to get Jamie Magazines stock again.  They told me that a lot of people keep on asking for them.  I guess many of us really miss Jamie Magazines.

It would be appreciated if anyone out there know what happen and if someone from Jamie's company able to talk to some supplier into sense and get them agree to deliver them to Australia stores?  Just a thought for the people of Australia whom anxious on waiting so long for them.

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 06 Nov 12 11:19am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Re: Jamie Magazine as of issue #30 no longer avail in shop in Australia

Hello there

Hope all is well. I have forwarded this thread to my Jamie Magazine colleagues.

Kind regards

Danny

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 06 Nov 12 11:44am

pauldring

Member since Tue 06 Nov 12

Hi there. Sorry you've been missing your regular copy of Jamie Magazine. The reason you haven't been able to find us it that we've taken the magazine off sale on the newsstand in Australia. It has nothing to do with the reasons offered by the Mag Store in Melbourne - we're not in dispute with any of our suppliers. It's simply down to profitability. It was costing us a lot of money to put so many copies into Australian shops, so we took the decision to remove the magazine from general sale. It is, however, still available via subscription. Subscription has many advantages over newsstand purchase. The magazine will arrive more quickly - you'll get it around 4-6 weeks sooner than you would have donr with a newsstand copy. Also, as our best current rate is A$79.50, you'll save $20 on the equivalent number of issues bought at the newsstand. We're able to offer this rate because we've set up a special office in Sydney to mail out individual subscriber's copies - meaning we send them bulk via air-freight to Australia to save money, which we can pass on as a saving. If you want to take up this offer, log on to www.jamiemagazine.com/subscriptions/ad1 and select Australia from the drop-down menu. Hope that helps. Paul

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 10 Nov 12 4:52am

smith201001

Member since Sat 03 Nov 12

Hi, thank you so much for your replied.  The main thing is that I now know the reason for it and thank for the advised.  I just order a 10 issues subscription as of #34.

And it does not matter how long it take for magazine to arrive,  just as long as I'm not missing any issue.  I've managed to get a copy of issue # 31 & 32 and now order back issue #30 & #33.

Look forward to it.

Likes (0)