forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sun 04 Nov 12 1:57am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Re: Craft projects

The wool arrived for the jumper I am knitting for my friend. It is lovely, 20% bamboo, 80% wool. I have done about 10cm so far.

But I have another project that is a priority, I am embroidering a dragon on a baby tshirt for my niece's baby due in January. I have been practicing drawing the dragon, I think it is time to get down and draw it on the tshirt.

Also, I am knitting the sky scarf I mentioned on the weather thread. It is just 2 rows a day of the two main colours in the sky. So it is quite easy (apart from keeping the 6 balls of wool in order). I thought it would be a lovely record of the years weather, but our sky is so changeable that it really doesn't say anything about the day. I like that it causes me to notice the sky more though! And it is going to be a lovely scarf.

Likes (0)

#12 Sun 04 Nov 12 2:35pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I have been helping my Great-Niece sort out her wedding invitations, so far the card design has been sorted out and now there will be quite a lot of preperation before all the invites are made.
The preperation is mainly cutting things our and punching out endless coloured flowers ( which she is doing ith her Mum ) from floral photographs of flowes that have been printed onto acetate. these are really lovely and each cut flower shape is compleetly indervidal so dispite all the cards having the same design , each one will look quite different .

Last edited by mummza (Sun 04 Nov 12 2:36pm)

Likes (0)

#13 Tue 06 Nov 12 6:34am

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

Just finished these ones. I think I am a better spinner than I am at knitting/crochet.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=78848

So happy to have them done before the real heat hit and now free for Christmas cake cooking. smile

Likes (0)

#14 Tue 06 Nov 12 7:13am

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

Goodness , did you spin the wool as well as knitting it ?
Those look great.

Likes (0)

#15 Tue 06 Nov 12 12:22pm

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

yes Mummza,
I like spinning it is something to do with the hands and feet while watching tv or listening to the radio, not just sitting still. smile
I spun the fleece the coat is pure alpaca,
the scarf is alpaca, sheep's wool & dyed mohair, 33% each
the ball is dyed sheep's wool and alpaca 50/50

But I am not very good at finishing garments off so there are sometimes the odd threads showing at the end.  roll

Likes (0)

#16 Tue 06 Nov 12 12:26pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Those are very nice!!!

I finished my hood and I've done a couple of scarves. I'll have to take pics and post them! I have 3 other scarves started (can't have just one project going) and a collar.

Likes (0)

#17 Sat 10 Nov 12 12:31am

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

well I have again been to my Great Niece to help her make her wedding invatitations , the preperation for the cards is going well and it wont be long till we start to assemble all the cards,
They are definatly going to colourful and not your normal style of wedding invtations, she is very happy with her design and the progress of the cards.

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#18 Sat 10 Nov 12 12:42am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Sounds lovely mummz  big_smile

Likes (0)

#19 Sat 10 Nov 12 12:49am

Kye

Forum super champ

I am mounting my blog, showing a few of my creations.

Knitting a 'cowl' and crocheting mittens.

Renovating furniture and painting my new house.... wink

Likes (0)

#20 Sat 10 Nov 12 12:50am

Kye

Forum super champ

cohphanta wrote:

Those are very nice!!!

I finished my hood and I've done a couple of scarves. I'll have to take pics and post them! I have 3 other scarves started (can't have just one project going) and a collar.

Looking forward to see the pics  smile

Last edited by Kye (Sat 10 Nov 12 12:50am)

Likes (0)