forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#551 Thu 19 Jan 12 7:28pm

Jo Food Rev

From Jamie's Office
Member since Mon 21 Nov 11

Re: Chat about Jamie's Food Revolution and connect with others

The Food Revolution has just launched an amazing new browser app which allows you to fundraise for free!

You can help us fight the obesity epidemic with our new 100% free fundraising app! Every time you shop you will be making a difference, raising dollars for the Food Revolution at no extra cost!

www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/givingassistant 

Once installed, our free Giving Assistant automatically and effortlessly generates money for Jamieís Food Revolution. Every time you make a purchase with our online partners - including Gap.com, Hotels.com, Bestbuy.com - a portion of the proceeds is donated to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.

Plus there's an amazing prize to be won! To celebrate the launch of our new app, we're giving away a foodie trip for two to London, including a cooking class at Recipease, Jamie's cooking school, dinner at Jamie's Top London restaurants - Barbecoa, Fifteen, Jamie's Italian and Union Jacks - plus a signed recipe book from Jamie Oliver. Invite your friends to download the browser app, and for every successful recruit, you win 100 more entries. Shop online and earn even more entries.

Download the giving assistant now to start fundraising for free and help support the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation!

www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/givingassistant

Likes (0)

#552 Thu 26 Jan 12 3:40am

pam2arce

Member since Thu 26 Jan 12

Jamie,
I just watched a news program in LA that was talking about how much the LAUSD was concerned about childhood obesity and has changed their lunch program.  Ironically, they have brought a team of world class chefs on board, and have completely revamped the school lunch program.  I know you didnt take them on for noteriety, but you brought this on and are responsible for this change.  Thanks for taking on this important subject. And more importantly, the children will thank you. 
Can't wait to see what you take on next!!

Likes (0)

#553 Thu 02 Feb 12 7:51pm

Mmott21

Member since Thu 02 Feb 12

Greetings!

I'm writing from Northern California.  I don't have TV so I just found Jamie's Food Revolution episode today and was so exited! I'm just here to give you a huge thanks for getting the word out! People are SO resistant to the whole subject and I have become very disheartened trying to get people to care and understand, I started to feel like I was crazy for caring. It's wonderful, to say the least, that you used your show to get this message out. I wish I could be a part of it on such a massive scale and I hope you really understand how much this has made a difference. Even for people that don't want to hear it, they can't pretend to be ignorant anymore. This has also helped me to know that this is becoming the enormous issue that it needs to be, and I am encouraged.

Thanks again.

M.  Mott

Likes (0)

#554 Tue 28 Feb 12 7:19pm

Jakob Danish

Member since Tue 28 Feb 12

rwanda wrote:

My name is Kyle. I'm from Vancouver, Canada.
I am opening the first and only bowling alley in Kigali, Rwanda.
It isn't just a bowling alley, it is a public swimming pool with a sand volleyball court, a hot yoga studio, hair salon, restaurant and youth hostile. My problem is that the food in Rwanda is terrible, it is next to impossible to find a good cook that can put out consistent food.
We are getting busy already and the bowling alley and hostile isn't even complete until the middle of Sept.

I would love to have a chef take over and run the restaurant for me. Almost all of the restaurants in the country serve awful food and take a long time in doing so. There isn't a good quality restaurant serving health food anywhere in Rwanda. In short I have read about Jamie's school and I thought if any of the students wanted to run their own kitchen and be able to keep a majority of the profits, I have the right place.

It will be a great challenge and they would be starting with very basic kitchen tools.
The chef would have to know French, to communicate with most of the employees and source for the best ingredients. If anyone fits or knows someone that might fit pls. email me at kylephubbard at hotmail  help

Dear Kyle,

I'm interested in hearing a bit more about your bowling alley. Sound very interesting; the first in Rwanda.. That is so cool. I'm a Danish journalist and I'm trying to do en item on this. I would be thrilled to get in touch with you..

(jakobvillumsen [at] hotmail.com or jvil [at ] dr.dk)

Best,
Jakob

Likes (0)

#555 Wed 07 Mar 12 7:00am

Lemonman

Occupation Chef and daddy
From Beijing China
Member since Fri 10 Oct 08

I want some help with fighting against bad stories of JO on Weibo ( Chinese Twitter ).It seems he is a hot item now because he is around here and the bad pictures of a very fat JO are on the Weibo for show and spitting on.Maybe he is abit more fat now ( what would not be very smart and good for a campain like this ) but i dont believe it.
I dont take it lightly because ther are  more people on Weibo then on twitter and whats on it most people believe.
Ofcourse it saying something about the people who think bad about him but i wish to put up a picture that shows difrent ( recent picture) because i think its not a fair fight and i suspect the industry or some people that dont think good food is needed behind it.
i hope you want to help me smile  thumbsup  and agree that its not fair to do.

Likes (0)

#556 Wed 07 Mar 12 9:54am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

lemonman...  is there anyway you can post a link to an example of the picture you are talking about?   I do know Jamie dressed up in a prosthetic "fat suit" a few years ago as part of something he was doing. Basically the things they use in the movies to make thin people look heavier.  I wonder if that is the pictures that are being used.

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#557 Wed 07 Mar 12 4:57pm

Jo Food Rev

From Jamie's Office

Thanks Ashen, yes Lemonman if you could share a link that would be useful.
Thanks!

Likes (0)

#558 Mon 19 Mar 12 8:26pm

Jo Food Rev

From Jamie's Office

Hi everyone,

You might have seen the recent news all about 'Pink Slime' remaining in school lunches and being in as much as 70% of all ground beef found in supermarkets in the US. On the back of this we've just launched a web page in support of all of the great work being done around this topic: http://www.stoppinkslime.org/

So head on over to check it out and take a stand, because we deserve REAL food!

Likes (0)

#559 Wed 14 Nov 12 5:16pm

ElisabathK

Occupation Student
From USA
Member since Wed 14 Nov 12

Do you want to keep your PC standard? Please use and delete substitute file to stay your PC normal. If you feel affection for music and you have a music collection of dissimilar hundreds or even thousands mp3-files, you may sort them by deleting equal tracks. You can use Duplicate Files Deleter as deleting the same tracks.

Last edited by ElisabathK (Thu 15 Nov 12 5:23pm)

Likes (0)

#560 Mon 19 Nov 12 1:57pm

emmajessmaisie

Member since Mon 19 Nov 12

Hi,  Firsty I want to say what a fantastic job the food revolution is doing.  This is the first time I have posted and I am not sure if it will spark discussion on this forum but I have been really concerned that schools and childcare providers are still scaring/forcing children to continue eating and "finish everything on their plate" . Surely this is wrong/out of date, particularly with the obesity issues the UK is facing.  I have come across two separate organisations last week - one a school and one an after school club where staff are putting huge amounts of pressure on children to finish all their food.  I would go as far as to say that it is against children's human rights!

I also came across a school where they are advertising for "Dinner Controllers" rather than dinner ladies.  This maybe making sure they are not discriminating against men but "Controllers" certainly sets the wrong expectations!

Interested in other peoples experiences and opinions

Likes (0)