Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 17 Nov 12 3:40pm

Frag00

Member since Sat 17 Nov 12

Soup - Leftover Lamb Gravy

So I did a slow roasted lamb shoulder yesterday

The leftover meeting is going to its usual home in a curry, but I've also got leftovers from my badass lamb gravy

I've also got some carrots, celery and onion, so I'm thinking some kind of soup...any ideas for what would well with that yummy lamb goodness?

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 17 Nov 12 5:53pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Re: Soup - Leftover Lamb Gravy

I'd fry the onion, add carrot and celery, some lovely fresh stock if you are short of gravy and have any, and the gravy.  If you have any leftover potatoes, they could go in too, or some fresh ones (peeled, of course), and any other vegetables you have kicking around.

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 17 Nov 12 6:35pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

welcome to the forum Frag00  smile

I think I would put the left over gravey into a freezer box and freeze it as its always goood to have a little gravy in the freezer to go with things like lamb chops
or to add to lamb ince to make a really good shephards pie.

Cawl is a lamb and vegetable broth , it is traditional to Wales and is often made with a cheaper cut of lamb like the  neck  .
There are many recipes for Cawl and there seems to be no right or wrong recipe as each family seems to favour their own way of making this traditional broth.
One thing that does not really vaty is that the Cawl contains leeks and often potatoes.
It tastes good on the day it is made but many say that it tastes even better the next day.

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 19 Nov 12 2:17pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Scotch Broth! You need pearl barley, carrots, potatoes and any other root veg. A bit of leftover meat is good, too, if it's not all in the curry already.

Or make something with chickpeas. Like a chickpea soup. Lamb and chickpeas fancy each other.

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 19 Nov 12 11:24pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

I always freeze stock's for later use for moussaka or shepherd's pie, jambalaya ... If it is made with wine.. Boeuf Bourguignon, Coq au Vin or Chicken Chasseur.

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 19 Nov 12 11:35pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welsh Cawl and Scotch Broth .... is this a battle of the soups  lol

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 21 Nov 12 1:17pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Come and have a go if you think you're hearty enough.

Likes (0)