#11 Sat 17 Nov 12 10:52pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: I wish to register a complaint...

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewto … 44#p688544
white Rabbit .. sorry to hijack this thread for a moment ..can you look at this thread that I have started to help a new forum member please , I was hoping that you would see it and could help .

Likes (0)

#12 Sun 18 Nov 12 9:17am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

hijack away

Likes (0)

#13 Sun 18 Nov 12 9:35am

Kaitlyn

Occupation Stuff and nonsense!
From California
Member since Mon 07 Sep 09

The White Rabbit wrote:

It's normal for toddlers to be fussy, in fact being fussy about food is what used to stop them eating stuff they shouldn't when we were all getting about in nature more. She still gets the option of what we have, in fact that's often how she's started eating some things. I think it's often 10 experiences with food before they'll eat it (and that's only if they like it).

Toddlers are BORN fussy.  It probably takes them a while to get used to new food.

Likes (0)

#14 Sun 18 Nov 12 2:20pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I dont think that toddlers are born fussy , but like adults , they do have particular likes and dislikes.
One of my daughters always used to spit out mashed banana when she was at they sloppy baby food stage of eating and still not does not like to eat bananas shes just never liked them.

I found that the toddlers tastes used to change and what sometimes seemed to be good to eat one week might be regected the next.
I never thought this a fussy tough but more that they fancied eating something different at that point.

Sometimes as adults we do not fancy eatig something that has been cooked and prepared for us to eat but often eat is we feel we should.

Likes (0)

#15 Sun 18 Nov 12 7:41pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

The White Rabbit wrote:

about 15 minute meals.

There needs to be a warning in the front. Something like: "If you are making other food for your toddler start that first because these recipes are alarmingly quick".

That is all.

Oh, you are a funny girl!
You made I laugh.

Likes (0)

#16 Sun 18 Nov 12 11:27pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

minerva wrote:

Oh, you are a funny girl!
You made I laugh.

*takes a short bow*

Likes (0)

#17 Mon 19 Nov 12 10:09am

dukegus

Forum champ
Occupation Unemployed,
From Greece
Member since Fri 21 Mar 08

Well, I'm gonna continue this thread and set aside todlers for a sec.

If I was to register a complain about 15min meals it would be for adverising mediocre/overpriced brand. I have one example, in a couple of episodes just before adding the rice Jamie clearly advertised a certain rice brand... It's not the end of the world but...

Likes (0)

#18 Tue 20 Nov 12 12:07am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

The recipes don't say "x brand" rice and he doesn't say it in the show. And they are things that there are a range of brands that would be suitable to replace with. Thus I think it's the least brand placement I've seen in similar kinds of books.

Likes (0)

#19 Tue 20 Nov 12 7:30am

FlameRed

Forum champ
Occupation Finally, gloriously & happily re-married to my old flame....
From Melbourne, Oz
Member since Thu 21 Sep 06

The White Rabbit wrote:

about 15 minute meals.

There needs to be a warning in the front. Something like: "If you are making other food for your toddler start that first because these recipes are alarmingly quick".

That is all.

Good to know WR as I've just bought the book too!!   wink  roll  whistle

Likes (0)

#20 Tue 20 Nov 12 10:06am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

We've just done our third meal from it. Admittedly it's the first one we've done properly (only fudging one ingredient), the first we only did one part and the second most of the way. This is more recipes than I averagely do out of a cookbook - in fact I had a bit of a jamie break between jamie's dinners and 30 minute meals despite having them all (not that i didn't get ideas, just didn't do actual recipes).

Likes (0)