forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 27 Oct 12 4:32pm

WebbFoot

Member since Thu 19 Apr 12

good and easy veggie dips

Anyone have suggestions for veggie dips that are easy but tasty and don't require much prep work? Thanks.

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 27 Oct 12 6:27pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: good and easy veggie dips

aubergine

wash some aubergine and score the skin .
Bake till cooked in the oven.
peel the skin off the aubergine
once fully cooled , put into a food processr and puree (it or rub it through a sieve ).
Mix the pureed aubergine wih some creme frache , add some pureed garlic a little lem juice salt and pepper and put iinto a dish .
put in the fridge to firm up a little and then scatter the top with a little paprika

sorry there are no quantities I just work to taste !

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 12 Nov 12 4:07pm

JOFoodTube

Member since Mon 12 Nov 12

Hi WebbFoot,

Good question! I am currently working on Jamie's brand new YouTube Channel which is launching in January 2013. Could you send me a email via this forum so I can get in touch with you directly regarding how we might be able to use some of your questions on the channel?

Cheers

Charles.

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 21 Nov 12 8:15pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

I have a friend who swears by Nigella's red pepper hummus - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nige … index.html - she' made it for a few parties and it's very good indeed.

Nigella also has a recipe for peanut butter hummus that I'd love to try some day but haven't got around to it - http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/pea … ter-hummus - looks great. I looove peanut butter.

I do feel disloyal posting these links, though. Sorry, Jamie!

Last edited by hippytea (Wed 21 Nov 12 8:15pm)

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 21 Nov 12 9:48pm

youngchef212

Member since Tue 20 Nov 12

hi, guacomole is a great dip.
put 1 avacado (stoned and pealed) , juice of a lime, handfull of corriander and a wee bit of olive oil in a food proceser. whizz till smooth.
serve with some crspy tortillas.
hope this helped.
   smile

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 21 Nov 12 10:44pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Goacomole is delicious, Houmous is extra delicious yummy I serve them with sliced fresh vegetables: celery, carrots, cucumber, broccoli florets and cauliflower. A little dish with cayenne pepper for extra dipping.

Goacomole
In a medium bowl, mash 3 avocados, lime juice, and a little salt. Mix in onion, parsley and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for before serving.

Houmous
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tin chickpeas, drained, but reserve the liquid.
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, i dont always add them.
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Cook and stir the garlic in olive oil 3 minutes, until tender.
Place chickpeas in a blender with 1 teaspoon liquid. Mix until smooth then mix in the garlic, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Blend to desired consistency. Chill in the fridge until serving.

Likes (0)