forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 27 Jan 12 2:11pm

druidswife

Member since Fri 27 Jan 12

Vegetarian Book please

help  I don't recall a Jamie Vegetarian cokbook? I really LOVE Jamie's recipes and hardly use anything else. However, my daughter has recently decided to eat vegetarian (well, pescatarian, actually, thank goodness). My hubby is not keen on meat, I'm not bothered, but my other daughter is a real carnivore. As you can imagine, mealtimes for the cook are a bit tricky and what I need are some vegetarian dishes that are so fantastically flavoursome (that's what Jamie is so good at)  that the carnivore won't mind eating them!
Come on Jamie - don't let me down!

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 27 Jan 12 2:29pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Vegetarian Book please

Hi druidswife, At the top of the page, you will find 'Jamie's Recipes and categories such as Vegetarian:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetarian-recipes

And Fish:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes

New recipes are added from time-to-time.  You can also use the 'search' feature when you visit Jamie's Recipes and recipes from the magazine and member recipes will come up as well.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 27 Jan 12 2:40pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

we are a mery mixed up family some strictly vegetarian some this and that, some preferably carnivore, it 's like a trattoria, very indipendent meals and a cook trying to make everybody happy

good luck to you, this is a challenge that'll make a chef out of you

let us know big_smile

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 27 Jan 12 3:00pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum druidswife smile

There are quite a number of recipes that are vegetarian amongst the pages of his books and also you can find quite a few good vegetarian recipes in the recipe sections of the forum.

I know that Hugh  Fearnley-Whittingstall has written a vegetarian cook book after spending , I think it was 6 months only eating a vagetarian diet , the book 'River Cottage Veg everyday ' has some good recipes in it.

You might also like to look at 'Plenty' by Yottam Ottelenghi  , I really like that book but it I know that some people find getting some of the spices and ingredients a little tricky I have never found this an issue myself .

Those 2 books are just vegetarian.

A loovely fish book that I have is by Mitch Tonks , its called FISH The Complete Fish and Seafood Companion , the recipes in it are clear and easy to follow .

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 23 Nov 12 6:32pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

From what I have seen on Mr Oliver's Instagram pictures ... This book is in the making !  big_smile

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 23 Nov 12 9:42pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Also check out delicious. magazine, they're doing quite a lot of vegetarian recipes these days, and I find their recipes easy to follow, well thought out and reliable. Lots available on the website.

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/

I LOVE delicious. magazine.

Edit to add that I do like Jamie magazine as well. It's very pretty. Sorry Jamie!

Last edited by hippytea (Fri 23 Nov 12 9:46pm)

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 23 Nov 12 9:52pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

If JO is not a vegetarian I don't see the point in putting out a book. If he has changed his eating habits I'll be the first to read it here though.

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 24 Nov 12 12:59am

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

Pakman , as far as I know , from what I have read is that he is collecting together vegetarian recipes from his other books and collecting hem together in one volume , plus adding a few new recipes.

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 24 Nov 12 9:47am

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

You don't have to be vegetarian to write good veggie recipes. Yotam Ottolenghi isn't a vegetarian.

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 24 Nov 12 12:47pm

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

Also Simon Rimmer (something for the weekend) is a self confessed carnivore and runs an award winning vegetarian restaurant and has written many cookbooks of which 2 or 3 are dedicated to vegetarian cooking.

Terry

Likes (0)