forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 22 Jun 11 4:20pm

gigglebox

Member since Tue 25 Jan 11

Artichoke Paste

Hi!

I have been given a pot of Artichoke paste and a pot of tuna cream / paste as part of an Italian food set. Can anyone tell me what to do with these? I have no idea!

Thanks!

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 22 Jun 11 4:46pm

BoldKevin

Occupation Retired on health grounds
From Ireland
Member since Tue 21 Jun 11

Re: Artichoke Paste

Hi gigglebox,

in respect of the artichoke paste the most simplistic of uses for it is to simply use it as a lightly used spread on toast, bread or crackers.

On a more adventurous note it is great with meats (pork & chicken recommended) and especially sea food and I have spread it over a nice Baked Salmon Fillet before.  Very Tasty!.   thumbsup

I seem to remember Jamie doing a nice baked salmon fillet recipe before and I am sure you could add/incorporate the artichoke paste to that. 

Another great use would be to use it in a sauce to coat a nice pasta dish.  How about a nice Artichoke and Bucatini Carbonara?  Throw some salmon or bacon pieces in and it would be lovely!

As for the tuna cream/paste sorry never used it, but hope others have some ideas for you smile

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Last edited by BoldKevin (Wed 22 Jun 11 4:51pm)

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 22 Jun 11 5:11pm

gigglebox

Member since Tue 25 Jan 11

Thank you so much BoldKevin - these ideas sound lovely! That really is helpful, I'll give these a go smile

I'd love to hear some more ideas if anyone has any too??!

Thanks!

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 03 Dec 12 3:51pm

JOFoodTube

Member since Mon 12 Nov 12

Hi gigglebox!

My name is Peisze and I am working for Jamie’s brand new YouTube channel. We really love your forum post about Artichoke paste and would love to use it. Please please get in touch with us so I can explain more about the project to you.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 04 Dec 12 2:47am

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Yo, Charles with the hat.

Gigglebox, there's a dish called vitello tonnato which is veal covered with a sort of tuna/mayonnaise paste. I've never had it - always thought it sounded a bit crazy, but what do I know? Maybe that's something you could use the tuna paste for?

Or else just put it on sandwiches or toast. Or try using it in recipes that call for mashed anchovies? Would that work?

I've Googled about but can't find any recipes using tuna paste except for the vitello tonnato thing.

Likes (0)