mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Ask me a cooking question

vikkin wrote:

Hello
I have a Jamie pressure cooker and want to make the pound pudding from the Tefal recipe book that came with the cooker. However, there is one ingredient missing! It is item number 5 and just gives the following:

125g/4 1/2

Please could someone let me know what that should be? Nuts perhaps? Candied peel??
Thanks so much!
vikkin

welcome to the forum vikkin  smile
I have just been looking n line for you and I did a google search for the recips , I put in

pound piudding recipe from tefal pressure cooking book

there is a pdf document link that comes up with the search which I presume is a copy of the cookbook but my old laptop computer wont let me open pdf documents I have managed to download it and thats as far as I can get !
Maybe you can try putting in the same info and see if you can open the recipe book , the missing item in the recipe might be on the electronic copy.
sorry I am not much more help than this

Likes (0)

#573 Sun 09 Dec 12 10:19am

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

Kellygrace38 wrote:

Hi Jamie

I love your programmes and so many of your recipes look so nice. The only problem is I am on a wheat free and dairy free diet.
Do you have any recipes for someone that is unable to have these ingredients in their diet.

Many Thanks

Kelly

welcome to the forum Kellygrace38

I know that there are also form memberswho have problems with wheat, gluten ,, I am sure there are also forum members who are dairy free.
There is a thread that was started by WhiteRabbit some time ago that has a lot of recipes and advice in it for dealing with issues such as this.
It might be useful to you.
this link is to a gluten free thread it might help
http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28081
there are quite a ot of ther threads that will help but I am sorry I am unable to search them out at the moment.

Do keep calling i the forum and joining i as I am sure some of the forum members might be of great help .

Last edited by mummza (Sun 09 Dec 12 10:30am)

Likes (0)

#574 Sun 09 Dec 12 11:24am

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Hi Jamie!  I'm cooking VENISON LEG STEAKS today.  Think I'll cook as I would for fillet steaks.  Would you think it a good idea to lightly brush the steaks with oil and maybe coat the outside with 5-spice?  Never used this spice before but seeing it used a lot on recipes.
You (or anyone) have help  a couple of hours to reply, please.
Ta muchly!

Likes (0)

#575 Sun 09 Dec 12 1:50pm

elainebateman

Member since Sun 09 Dec 12

Would it be weird to cover my turkey with pork skin? I was thinking if I covered it in sheets of slashed pork skin, the pork fat would baste it and I'd get a nice crackling along with the turkey.  I'm thinking maybe attach it with cocktail sticks or something.  If I do that, would I still have to cover it with foil?  Or is it just a really bad idea?

Elaine

Likes (0)

#576 Sun 09 Dec 12 1:57pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I saw this done with salt pork on a TV cooking show.  They took the pork off long enough to let the skin get browned.  I think your method would be fine and if you use something salty, just think about rendering some of the salt out so your drippings aren't too salty to make gravy.

Likes (0)

#577 Sun 09 Dec 12 8:53pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Thistledo wrote:

Hi Jamie!  I'm cooking VENISON LEG STEAKS today.  Think I'll cook as I would for fillet steaks.  Would you think it a good idea to lightly brush the steaks with oil and maybe coat the outside with 5-spice?  Never used this spice before but seeing it used a lot on recipes.
You (or anyone) have help  a couple of hours to reply, please.
Ta muchly!

Game is so different from fillet steak. I marinate it for at least 24hrs in red wine to make it tender before cooking...it then needs more fluids to become succulent.

Likes (0)

#578 Sun 09 Dec 12 11:28pm

murraycaplan

Member since Sun 09 Dec 12

Hi
I'd love to see a section on sauces, marinades, and salad dressing.
I love how you put together unique dressing, sauces, and marinades and would love to try them out.
Murray
Canada

Likes (0)

#579 Mon 10 Dec 12 4:44pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

murraycaplan wrote:

Hi
I'd love to see a section on sauces, marinades, and salad dressing.
I love how you put together unique dressing, sauces, and marinades and would love to try them out.
Murray
Canada

Welcome to the forum murraycaplan  smile

Do you mean a section in one of the books or on this forum?
Untill recently we did have rather more sections to the forum but things tended to get confused with questions and topics being written in the wrong places and so things have been simplified .

Likes (0)

#580 Mon 10 Dec 12 9:06pm

Miss Fitz

Member since Mon 10 Dec 12

Hi,

Im just looking for your chicken & mushroom vol au vents receipe. Can you or anybody else me out please?

Thanks..  smile

Likes (0)