Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 09 Dec 12 1:35am

ejstuff

Member since Sun 09 Dec 12

15 minute meals app

Hi, guys.  How come the 15 minute meals app is not available except in the UK itunes store?  I do hope it becomes available soon as I would certainly use it.

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 09 Dec 12 5:33am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: 15 minute meals app

Welcome to the forum ejstuff  smile

I have no idea why it's only the UK that has the 15 minute meals app .
I wonder if its to do with the different licensing laws , or , as different countries sometimes use different ways or measuring things ( pounds and ounces it grams and kilograms etc).
I  have no real idea sorry .

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 10 Dec 12 1:52am

Kiwiboy

Member since Mon 10 Dec 12

mummza wrote:

Welcome to the forum ejstuff  smile

I have no idea why it's only the UK that has the 15 minute meals app .
I wonder if its to do with the different licensing laws , or , as different countries sometimes use different ways or measuring things ( pounds and ounces it grams and kilograms etc).
I  have no real idea sorry .

I'm with ejstuff on this one, it really sucks.

I'm experienced with app development and something like different measuring standards is something so easy to overcome. If that was the reason Jamie would definitely need to look into getting another programmer, because at the age of thirteen I could have easily added that function. As for laws I doubt there is any legal issues as to why it isn't "international" as I have released heaps of app's and never faced those problems  wink

Last edited by Kiwiboy (Mon 10 Dec 12 1:53am)

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 10 Dec 12 2:26pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I'm curious, is the book out in the U.S.?  A lot of his series seem to be held back from the U.S. for many months .  .  . would that be any different with the apps?  I don't think this would be a 'choice' because it makes no business sense for such products, it's more like the people putting up the money or promoting the series put that stipulation on it.

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 11 Dec 12 5:44am

ejstuff

Member since Sun 09 Dec 12

The book is out in Australia and we are watching the episodes on TV.  I am hoping to get the book for Christmas but if I don't I will be buying it! 

I guess it could be the broadcast date/time stuff which is UK specific but it is a pity if that is all that is blocking us from getting the App.  Measurements in the recipes on the UK website are the same as in Australia (except for our Tablespoon of course).

Could be they are stopping us from getting the app to force us to buy DVDs - when they come out.

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 11 Dec 12 8:55am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Ej-stuff (sorry, iPad's having a "wobbly"), welcome to the forum wave

The book of 15MM has been out in Australia since at least beginning of October. I received one for my birthday which was first days of October. Was on sale at BigW for $20.00 off RRP. Stocks were low last time I looked.

Yes, I wanted to download the app, too but was disappointed what it wasn't available here but I guess we've had it good with double episodes twice a week until last week when it became double episodes of 15MM and one 30 MM twice a week with the Christmas special on this Thursday.

I'd get to the shops if I were you to secure your copy of the book. I'm cooking from it a couple of times/ week.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)