Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Tue 11 Dec 12 12:13am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Liquidiser recommendations

I am not sure white rabbit ... but Ive had it quite a log time !!  I will try to rememnber to look !

Likes (0)

#12 Tue 11 Dec 12 2:15am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Thanks

Has anyone had one of these? http://www.cuisinart.com.au/index.php/p … -die-cast/

I'm intrigued because when we had our last stickblender it had a small processor attachment which was what we used the most. However we already have a large processor but for doing say a small pesto etc it's just too big.

Likes (0)

#13 Tue 11 Dec 12 10:46am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

No but it's a genius idea . I wish all blenders came with 2 sizes of blender jugs .

That would be so easy for making baby foods or Pesto or just chopping small amounts ...
But I see that the smaller jug is like a mini food processor . I have a mini Magimix which I find invaluable for me , the only issue I have with the mini Magimix is I find it a bit tricky getting the lid off sometimes , as this cuisinart liquidisers/mini processor has a full feed spout removing hhe lid would not be an issue .
Looks a great piece of kit !

I have a cuisinart stick blender and that's really good .

Likes (0)

#14 Tue 11 Dec 12 2:10pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

The White Rabbit wrote:

mummza, what model have you got?

I'm not sure we have cuisineArt here. Are they the same as http://www.cuisinart.com.au/index.php/h … s/blending (sometimes we see different names for the same products to the US)

Yes, it's cuisineart - same company . . . don't think I see our exact model.   The one at the bottom with a white base looks pretty similar.

Likes (0)

#15 Tue 11 Dec 12 2:12pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

The White Rabbit wrote:

Thanks

Has anyone had one of these? http://www.cuisinart.com.au/index.php/p … -die-cast/

I'm intrigued because when we had our last stickblender it had a small processor attachment which was what we used the most. However we already have a large processor but for doing say a small pesto etc it's just too big.

That's a nice idea.  I use my mini food processor more than the larger one.  I like that it comes with slicing blades.  My mini only has a chopping blade.

Last edited by MsPablo (Tue 11 Dec 12 2:14pm)

Likes (0)

#16 Fri 21 Dec 12 7:55am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

Thanks guys.

I have a kenwood one that's a stick mixer with a whisk, milk frother/milkshake thing, and a small processor (blade and a grating/ slicing disc depending which way you have it up). The only problem is the slicing blade has cracks in the plastic and I'm not sure if it's "full tang" or just held in with the plastic. If the latter too dangerous to use and queries to the company have yielded a response yet.

We originally had a braun stick mixer with a small processor attachment, just a blade. We used it so much we eventually broke it from over use.

Likes (0)

#17 Sat 22 Dec 12 12:54am

mincepie

Forum champ
From uk
Member since Tue 07 Oct 08

I have the waring pro blender, love it. Best blender I've ever had.
Powerfull, retro look, easy clean, doesnt take up a lot of space on worktop and takes seconds to liquidise, no stringy bits of celery here.
Crushes ice [ add a little water]
I use daily for fruit smoothies. Only downside is the cost.

Likes (0)

#18 Sat 22 Dec 12 8:18am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

mincepie, i don't think we have that brand here

Likes (0)

#19 Tue 25 Dec 12 6:55pm

mincepie

Forum champ
From uk
Member since Tue 07 Oct 08

Really, I thought they were global, hope the link works. I have the green one.

http://www.shopstyle.com.au/browse/blen … ers/Waring

and if anyone here is interested Debenhams are offering for 100...half price, now thats a bargain! thumbsup

Last edited by mincepie (Tue 25 Dec 12 6:57pm)

Likes (0)