Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Tue 11 Dec 12 11:13pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: american dishes

I don't know about that koukouvagia , I seem to remember some pretty good flaws when I was last in America , one had quite a sweet dressing , not really my taste but it was ok .

Likes (0)

#32 Wed 12 Dec 12 10:32am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

koukouvagia wrote:

Thistledo wrote:

greenkitchen wrote:

Or just celeriac alone dressed with mayo, a touch of good mustard and a splash of vinegar!   wink

You have to watch the grated celeriac doesn't go brown before you've had a chance to include.  Placing it in water with lemon should do the trick.

So now we've really moved past american food, lol.  These fancy slaws are all nice and good but a hot dog needs some plain cabbage on it.

well since coleslaw didn't start off as an American dish , it can't hurt to play around with it. 

the original Dutch  koolsa(koolsalada)      could have leeks or  even raisins in it.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#33 Wed 12 Dec 12 10:45am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Oh yes I had forgotten about raisins in slaw !
I used to put them in when I made it in the 70's along with some toasted sunflower seeds ( very health shop  lol )

Likes (0)

#34 Wed 12 Dec 12 12:58pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

mummza wrote:

I don't know about that koukouvagia , I seem to remember some pretty good flaws when I was last in America , one had quite a sweet dressing , not really my taste but it was ok .

I'm not talking about holding back on making slaw, I'm talking about slaw for a hot dog.  Totally different.  In the south-east united states where they put slaw on dogs it is usually a very basic slaw that compliments the spicy chili.

Likes (0)