Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 03 Dec 12 12:51pm

finefoods

Member since Mon 26 Nov 12

Food can enhance your mood

Hi bro
Many of us are fond of tasty foods. Food is the best way to fill your tummy whenever you are hungry as well as make your mood whenever you are in depression. A well decorated food can make it more attractive before you can taste it. So change your mind and make your mood with well decorated tasty food.

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 04 Dec 12 2:53am

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Re: Food can enhance your mood

I concur. But if I am depressed, I can't be bothered to fancy up my food.

If I have enough energy to fancy it up, chances are I don't need cheering up so much.

This is why I need a personal chef. Jamie? Need any work? We can't pay much but it's a good kitchen to work in. We have a popcorn machine and a potato ricer. And a porridge crock shaped like a Dalek.

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 05 Dec 12 10:31am

Ferdinend

Member since Wed 05 Dec 12

Hi Finefoods,
Agree with you and like to say to reduce depression workout regularly and eat well balanced diet plan. If you don't eat well take multivitamins regularly and limit salt and eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products more in your diet plans. Regular exercise also helps in lowering stress and depression so exercise regularly. Avoid alcohol, smoking and other stimulants and have enough sleep every day.
castle hills personal trainer

Last edited by Ferdinend (Sat 15 Dec 12 6:16am)

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 11 Dec 12 10:25pm

JerryR

Member since Tue 20 Nov 12

Its not like in depression food change my mood but of course when m not more hungry but still someone serve food with good presentation then i cant control myself and i love to have that food.. so i think presentation can pleased you in different ways  smile

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 11 Dec 12 11:18pm

hippytea

From Scotland

Depression makes me eat more. Only acute stress makes me lose my appetite (like a family disaster or something), and that never lasts long.

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 12 Dec 12 11:24am

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Finefoods.  For me it's the smell of what's cooking that can do it for me.  Onions and bacon, or a beef roast cooking is the best way of bringing me out of a not-so-good mood.

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 12 Dec 12 4:19pm

hippytea

From Scotland

I love that smell you get when you throw onions in hot oil. Even if the recipe calls for gently sweating the onions, I'll heat the oil up hotter than it needs to be to start with, just so I get that smell, and the fabulous "pshh" noise.

Hey, we all do what we have to do to get us through the day.

Likes (0)