forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 25 Dec 12 8:58am

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Merry Christmas to everyone on the site!

Thanks for your patience with the launch of the new site. Eric and the team worked really hard to get the site up and running before Christmas. We know that there is still a few kinks to iron out so please feel free to let us know about the bugs when you come across them.

I must apologise as well for being a bit quiet on the forums as of late -  I have some news for you all that will explain my absence. As of the 2nd of Jan I will be working for Jamie's Foundation 3 days a week (The Better Food Foundation) and for the other two days I will be working for the community in Italy - San Patrignano.

Next year will mark the 10th year for me working for Jamie and this new chapter in my career is a dream come true for me. Working with the students from Fifteen and being involved with the Foundation in the past has been the highlight of my time with Jamie and it always gives me great joy to see the kids from Fifteen turn their lives around.

For the last 5 years I have also been volunteering at San Patrignano and this year I set up a London based San Patrignano Association. We now have 7 young people from Sanpa living and working in London - 5 of them at Fifteen and 1 at Jamie's Italian. I am now also working with young people here in London who have come to me and expressed an interest to enter the community.

Sorry for the long post.... I just wanted to let you all know and also reassure you that I won't be far away as I will be managing the Better Food Foundation blog here on the site. Jim will be taking over the management of the community here on the site and he will be assisted by a wonderful young person called Merlin who has been working with us on the new site here in London.

More news for you in the New Year - thank you all for your support and friendship over the years - I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.....

Cheers from Danny : )

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 25 Dec 12 9:58am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Re: Merry Christmas to everyone on the site!

Auguri Danny whatever you told us I'll read it tonight, hosting 22 relatives today and my nipotine for lunch and supper and and and
Buon Natale to you and thanks for everything you are doing here and around the world
ciao Mada

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 25 Dec 12 1:54pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Merry Christmas!

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 25 Dec 12 2:27pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Merry Christmas Danny!  Best wishes and good luck with the new challenges . . . it's been great seeing your enthusiasm for Fifteen and San Pat!

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 25 Dec 12 3:16pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

Merry Christmas Danny. smile   Congrats on the new venture

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#6 Tue 25 Dec 12 8:03pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

Season's Greetings, peeps.

Good Luck in the coming year to all of you (esp you, Danny)

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 25 Dec 12 8:31pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Happy Christmas Danny and everyone xx

Exciting times Danny I look forwward t hearing more about San Pat  big_smile

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 25 Dec 12 9:25pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Merry Christmas to you, too, Danny - and many congratulations on the exciting turn your life and work are taking!  I hope 2013 is merely the start of many new adventures  clap

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 25 Dec 12 11:44pm

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

Christmas Wishes to everyone.

Hope that Danny's new venture works out well good luck.

Likes (0)

#10 Wed 26 Dec 12 1:56am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Thank you, Danny & Merry Christmas to you & all, too! smile

All the Best with your new venture in the New Year, also! Plus, I hope you have a nice & relaxing rest over the Seasons Holidays, before you begin?! wink!

The new site looks cool/fabulous - thanks to, Jamie & you; Dan & Eric & the Team!  thumbsup

Likes (0)