wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: Perfect Pizza Technique - 4 GAS BBQ

mummza wrote:

Welcome to the forum mark_sharp  smile

It's always nice to have a new person  around the forum but I am a bit concerned about the posts you have made since  you have joined the forum . For this reason ..
3 out of the 4 posts you have made have mentioned Weber BBQ's .
I am hoping that you have joined the forum to take part in many of the threads but sadly at the moment it looks more like you have joined to spam the forum about weber BBQ's .
Spam is not tolerated here on the forum.

You have mail.... roll

Likes (0)

#22 Thu 03 Jan 13 9:45pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

Forgot to mention I also got the Weber grill covers for both Weber kettles as well as the Weber rim utensil holder and Weber charcoal starter chimney. For quick use I like to use the lump charcoal. For longer grilling the Weber charcoal briquets are top notch. The Weber starter blocks are nice but a piece of newspaper spritzed with cooking oil does the job too.

For my sister's Genesis I went with an after market cover because I didn't like where the vent holes were located on the Weber cover.

Likes (0)

#23 Thu 03 Jan 13 11:20pm

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

DrSweetsmoke wrote:

Hey  there I  do  Pizza on the BBQ, gasser  or in  a smoker quite often. Hints and tips others have shared are  great  leads to  fallow.  I  have  transformed  my gas grills  to  run without lava rocks and all the other diffusers and instead have always  opted to  cut  a steel plate and use in it's place. The plate covers the burners so  there is  no flare-up when cooking fatty  foods plus  it  gives an even cooking surface as far as heat  distribution. The plate  can be slid to  the front or rear of the grill about  1/4 of an inch  so that  the heat  can either be from the front or rear of the grill.

For  a pizza I  would  want the temps well above 300.
Set  the stone on the grill rack, let come to  temp then dust with  corn meal and slide the pizza on. It's that  easy.  wink

I wouldn't dispute anything the good DR. Sweetsmoke has to say about what can be achieved with grills and smokers.....I've seen this guy in competition at the "Grillstock" meeting....he's awesome.....but being a Wood-fired oven nut, I still say a Wood-fired oven pizza can't be copied....

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9087/robsoven.jpg

Terry

Likes (0)

#24 Thu 03 Jan 13 11:53pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

I am one of the first to call spam but Mark could easily be a very passionate weber owner.   

Funnily enough. I just received a  22.5 weber onetouch gold for christmas..  wink  wink  whistle  whistle

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#25 Fri 04 Jan 13 12:40am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Ashen wrote:

I am one of the first to call spam but Mark could easily be a very passionate weber owner.

Good point Ashen

Likes (0)

#26 Fri 04 Jan 13 2:46pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I'm a passionate Weber owner too and I had a look online to see what their briquettes look like because I'd never bought them . . . dangerous because I found something else I want - wedge-shaped baskets for holding the charcoal so you can have hot/warm zones - we've been doing it with bricks.

Likes (0)

#27 Thu 25 Apr 13 3:07pm

mark_sharp

Member since Wed 02 Jan 13

sorry just caught up with the thread not been on here for a while.

Yep you guessed it i'm a bit of a bbq nut! Especially weber bbqs got 3 of them. oops One gas, 1 classic charcoal kettle and a portable gas one for trips out.

Latest gadget i've fallen for the weber pizza oven - hoping to get one soon for my kettle.

Likes (0)

#28 Fri 26 Apr 13 1:01am

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

The Webber Pizza Oven is just a glorified Dutch oven.....it's not a Pizza oven.

Likes (0)

#29 Thu 27 Jun 13 11:32pm

Blrrgstrm

Member since Thu 27 Jun 13

I am so glad I found this post. My oven literally exploded yesterday and I am hosting a pizza party tonight! I just hope theres enough gas in the bottles as I live a long way from the nearest petrol station. It may not be as authentic as an actual wood fire oven but at least it is fresh healthy food.

Likes (0)