Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#691 Mon 07 Jan 13 7:03pm

gariildi

Member since Mon 07 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi Jamie,

I really love all of your TV show and cook book especially when you cook in countryside  in England and your garden.
I cook at home every weekend, more times from your TV show.
Now I would like to ask you about making Christmas Pudding. In my country (in Hungary) I can buy Christmas Pudding only from shop which is not very tasty but I like that. I've decided I ask you about perfect recipe.

Do you have any good recipe?
Send me one of them,please.

Thanks and bye for now
Ildi

Likes (0)

#692 Mon 07 Jan 13 9:46pm

Gypsy Flory

Member since Tue 01 Jan 13

Hello Jamie,
In fact, I love making food to my family and my dream is to be a chef! I want to study and learn more about food and want to know more recipes from you, so I want to be apart of your team in (Jamie Oliver's Fifteen) restaurant. I'm 20 years old, studying psychology and this is my last year in college and hope to find a reply from you! Please this is my dream, how to join the restaurant's team?!

Likes (0)

#693 Mon 07 Jan 13 9:51pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Gypsy Flory wrote:

Hello Jamie,
In fact, I love making food to my family and my dream is to be a chef! I want to study and learn more about food and want to know more recipes from you, so I want to be apart of your team in (Jamie Oliver's Fifteen) restaurant. I'm 20 years old, studying psychology and this is my last year in college and hope to find a reply from you! Please this is my dream, how to join the restaurant's team?!

Hiya Gypsy Flory..it would seem the criteria for recruitment has changed a little from the old days...have a looky at this link...

http://www.jamieoliver.com/the-fifteen- … _programme

Likes (0)

#694 Mon 07 Jan 13 10:31pm

Gypsy Flory

Thank you so much for your reply!

Likes (0)

#695 Mon 07 Jan 13 10:44pm

Gypsy Flory

But please I have just one more question! Is the restaurant does not accept registrations from different countries? I mean it accept registrations only from residents of the United Kingdom?

Likes (0)

#696 Mon 07 Jan 13 10:57pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

gariildi wrote:

Hi Jamie,

I really love all of your TV show and cook book especially when you cook in countryside  in England and your garden.
I cook at home every weekend, more times from your TV show.
Now I would like to ask you about making Christmas Pudding. In my country (in Hungary) I can buy Christmas Pudding only from shop which is not very tasty but I like that. I've decided I ask you about perfect recipe.

Do you have any good recipe?
Send me one of them,please.

Thanks and bye for now
Ildi

Here is Jamies Christmas pudding, the word 'lug' seems to mean a dose...Good luck  smile

http://www.jamieoliver.com/magazine/rec … amp;home=1

Last edited by Kye (Mon 07 Jan 13 10:58pm)

Likes (0)

#697 Tue 08 Jan 13 1:11am

croptopmartin

Member since Mon 07 Jan 13

My partner & I love All Butter Shortbread, but it's SO FATTENING mainly because of butter content.
I read somewhere that it's possible to use Natural Yoghurt instead of the butter.
I also life the texture when I use about a third Rice Flour.

question So my question is can you give me advice or a recipe for plain/vanilla shortbread using part/all Rice Flour and Natural Yoghurt instead of butter?

Prefer it in Grams or Ounces - cannot think in cup measurements.

Many thanks
Martin

P.S. I have two of Jamie Oliver cookbooks so trust you.

Last edited by croptopmartin (Tue 08 Jan 13 1:13am)

Likes (0)

#698 Tue 08 Jan 13 5:21am

Busybron

Occupation Part time PA/Secretary
From Gold Coast - Australia
Member since Wed 01 Jun 11

Hello Jamie and crew

My family and I have made 2013 our year of BETTER.  Living better, eating better and trying new things. Life is too short!

With this in mind we all went off to an Indian restaurant on the weekend (neither my husband or son have every eaten at one) to try something new.

Although they found the Butter Chicken too spicy, they liked a dish which was titled "Beef Curry". Not Madras, Balti or anything else, just called Beef Curry (As it was at the top of the menu, I think it was put there to avoid confusion for newbies).  It was a runny dark brown gravy style curry, not spicy or hot.  I was wondering if you could suggest a recipe that would be similiar that I could try at home.

I have made several dishes from both the 30 min and 15 min books and have adapted things as needed.  You used the Jalfreezie paste in the 30 min book, and unfortunately in Australia we can't seem to get it in in Pataks range.  So I swapped it for Balti - they liked it!   The REALLY good thing is that both my hubby and son see how hard I try when creating these dishes - neither of them are game enough not to try it.

Your suggestion for the mild brown gravy style Beef Curry would be appreciated (even a Pataks or Sharwood paste that may be suitable?).

Many thanks, love your books and shows!!
Much appreciated.

Bronwyn
smile

Last edited by Busybron (Tue 08 Jan 13 5:32am)

Likes (0)

#699 Tue 08 Jan 13 9:57am

cody-wy

Member since Tue 08 Jan 13

Jamie Hee!
We can not be good English so excuse.
But what is written on the Internet about your recipes is complete nonsense.
We are all delicious!!
The decisive factor is probably how the ingredients were grown. And if you are organically grown, the food is always better than the industry.
Greetings from Germany
Marion and Ralf

Likes (0)

#700 Tue 08 Jan 13 10:33am

alexander95

Member since Tue 08 Jan 13

Jamie,
what are your top tips (not recipes) for simple dinner parties????

Likes (0)