forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#701 Mon 07 Jan 13 12:38am

gwenda.vayro

Member since Sat 05 Jan 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

How the H_ll! did you flip that Christmas waffle??? yummy Adore the recpie.... I made it for all my lovely relations at Christmas and it was totally to die for...they were blown away.....but we had to cut it into 4 triangles to flip it.  HELP PLEASE!

Gwenda from Australia

Likes (0)

#702 Mon 07 Jan 13 10:19am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

I used my 27 year old electric waffle maker. Wouldn't have tried to flip it because my grill pan is too heavy.

Halved the recipe (Thank you, Joy xx) as a test run. Worked brilliantly.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#703 Mon 07 Jan 13 3:27pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Hi Shunterbob!

Basic sponge cake: 2 or 3 eggs plus their weight in butter, sugar and self-raising flour. So 4 ingredients, equal weight of each. Plus a pinch of salt.

Mash the sugar into the butter and whip with a fork until it looks light and fluffy. Then mix in eggs and flour, a bit at a time is best, and the salt.

Bake 180C until it springs back when you touch it and a skewer/knife comes out clean. Don't open the oven for the first 20 minutes or it'll sink. Cooking time depends on size and shape.

That's your basic cake, so you can add cocoa powder, honey, fruit choc chips, whatever you have,or leave it plain. It works as a round cake, as a loaf or as cupcakes.

Hope that helps. I'm not a biscuit expert but biscuits are basically pretty simple, so I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Likes (0)

#704 Mon 07 Jan 13 7:03pm

gariildi

Member since Mon 07 Jan 13

Hi Jamie,

I really love all of your TV show and cook book especially when you cook in countryside  in England and your garden.
I cook at home every weekend, more times from your TV show.
Now I would like to ask you about making Christmas Pudding. In my country (in Hungary) I can buy Christmas Pudding only from shop which is not very tasty but I like that. I've decided I ask you about perfect recipe.

Do you have any good recipe?
Send me one of them,please.

Thanks and bye for now
Ildi

Likes (0)

#705 Mon 07 Jan 13 9:46pm

Gypsy Flory

Member since Tue 01 Jan 13

Hello Jamie,
In fact, I love making food to my family and my dream is to be a chef! I want to study and learn more about food and want to know more recipes from you, so I want to be apart of your team in (Jamie Oliver's Fifteen) restaurant. I'm 20 years old, studying psychology and this is my last year in college and hope to find a reply from you! Please this is my dream, how to join the restaurant's team?!

Likes (0)

#706 Mon 07 Jan 13 9:51pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Gypsy Flory wrote:

Hello Jamie,
In fact, I love making food to my family and my dream is to be a chef! I want to study and learn more about food and want to know more recipes from you, so I want to be apart of your team in (Jamie Oliver's Fifteen) restaurant. I'm 20 years old, studying psychology and this is my last year in college and hope to find a reply from you! Please this is my dream, how to join the restaurant's team?!

Hiya Gypsy Flory..it would seem the criteria for recruitment has changed a little from the old days...have a looky at this link...

http://www.jamieoliver.com/the-fifteen- … _programme

Likes (0)

#707 Mon 07 Jan 13 10:31pm

Gypsy Flory

Thank you so much for your reply!

Likes (0)

#708 Mon 07 Jan 13 10:44pm

Gypsy Flory

But please I have just one more question! Is the restaurant does not accept registrations from different countries? I mean it accept registrations only from residents of the United Kingdom?

Likes (0)

#709 Mon 07 Jan 13 10:57pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

gariildi wrote:

Hi Jamie,

I really love all of your TV show and cook book especially when you cook in countryside  in England and your garden.
I cook at home every weekend, more times from your TV show.
Now I would like to ask you about making Christmas Pudding. In my country (in Hungary) I can buy Christmas Pudding only from shop which is not very tasty but I like that. I've decided I ask you about perfect recipe.

Do you have any good recipe?
Send me one of them,please.

Thanks and bye for now
Ildi

Here is Jamies Christmas pudding, the word 'lug' seems to mean a dose...Good luck  smile

http://www.jamieoliver.com/magazine/rec … amp;home=1

Last edited by Kye (Mon 07 Jan 13 10:58pm)

Likes (0)

#710 Tue 08 Jan 13 1:11am

croptopmartin

Member since Mon 07 Jan 13

My partner & I love All Butter Shortbread, but it's SO FATTENING mainly because of butter content.
I read somewhere that it's possible to use Natural Yoghurt instead of the butter.
I also life the texture when I use about a third Rice Flour.

question So my question is can you give me advice or a recipe for plain/vanilla shortbread using part/all Rice Flour and Natural Yoghurt instead of butter?

Prefer it in Grams or Ounces - cannot think in cup measurements.

Many thanks
Martin

P.S. I have two of Jamie Oliver cookbooks so trust you.

Last edited by croptopmartin (Tue 08 Jan 13 1:13am)

Likes (0)