forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 09 Jan 13 4:42pm

wedshow44

Member since Wed 09 Jan 13

Where do I go to get Edible Images and Photos on Cakes?

Hi, I am trying to make a birthday cake for my son with an imagee of his favorite superhero on it.

Where do I go to get Edible Images and Photos on Cakes? So far the best website I found was www.Edibleinkpaper.com

Does anyone know this website or others that may be good?

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 09 Jan 13 4:48pm

Batdragon

Member since Mon 07 Jan 13

Re: Where do I go to get Edible Images and Photos on Cakes?

Supermarkets with an in store baker do the cakes with the printing on them. you can bring in a photo and they will put it on a cake. they basically get it printed onto a thin layer of icing and put that onto the cake. Which country are you in?

If the UK you should have a look at these people thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk

PS not affiliated in any way :-)

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 09 Jan 13 5:01pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 10 Jan 13 12:15am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Sometimes the stores will print them for you for a fee.  However, they are not allowed to make copies of any copyrighted/trademarked material. Some have preprinted ones of super heroes. If  not another thing I've done when decorating at home is buy a cheap picture frame and sanitize it put the picture inside and then place that on a cake. Dollar stores usually have cheap plastic ones that you won't have to worry about glass or anything.

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 10 Jan 13 8:52am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum BatDragon   smile

My friend has had this sort of thing done by downloading her photo and ordering the printed icing on line .
No idea what website she has used sorry .

I have a different idea .. When my children were small I used to buy small action figures ( or even larger ones !)  decorate the cake simply then put the action figure onto the cake as part of the decoration.
This was always very well accepted , it looked good and it was lime getting an extra present as well and  giving hours of fun well after the cake had been finished .

Likes (0)