Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 10 Jan 13 3:50am

chezlauren98

Member since Thu 10 Jan 13

Dinner for the family!

Hi guys, I am cooking a meal for my family this weekend and I am really stuck on what to make. Has anyone got any quick and delicious ideas? Thank you!

Last edited by chezlauren98 (Thu 10 Jan 13 2:42pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 10 Jan 13 8:43am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Dinner for the family!

Welcome to the forum chezlauren98  smile

First of all , do you think you can edit your post to remove your age , this is a very open site and its best to keep personal details out of your posts .
There is an edit ' button' at the base of your pots just click on that , edit and repost .

Before we can give you some suggestions if would help to know what country you live in and what sort of things you like to  cook or what sort of things that your family like to eat .
How many people are in your family ?
Does anyone have any food allergies ?

Once we know its much easier to help you .

I'm in Wales UK and its winter here so my mind is on warning foods these days , not too good if you are living on a sunny climate !
Do you have a slow cooker in your kitchen ?

All questions sorry !

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 10 Jan 13 10:38am

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

chezlauren98 posted this enquiry under Ask me a Cooking Question, where I have already posted a suggestion(s).

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 10 Jan 13 2:56pm

chezlauren98

Member since Thu 10 Jan 13

Hi Mummza,

Thank you so much for replying, I edited the post (as you can probally see!). I realised as soon as I posted that I shouldn't have written that but couldn't work out how to edit it, so thank you for the help!  smile

I am living in Texas but have recently moved from Kuala Lumpur so my family is VERY comfortable with asian flavours. I am in love with cooking and so really.... i would enjoy cooking anything! There are five people in my family and we will all eat ANYTHING so I don't need to worry about certain ingredients or flavours, also there are no allegies so that makes it easier aswell. My family love asian and indian flavours and are not too fond of the average american cuisine.

The weather is quite chilly at the moment (by my South Eastern Standards!!) but probally not as cold as where you are! Oh and We do own a slow cooker  smile

Thank you so much for your time!

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 11 Jan 13 6:25am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

COPIED this over for you from the Ask Jamie a question thread to make it easier for you to find Lauren .
Sounds like you are planning to cook this .

Re: Ask me a cooking question
chezlauren98: here's an idea.

Put a tin of tomatoes in an oven dish. Season with salt, pepper and sugar, and add some crushed garlic if you like.

Get some chicken breasts or thighs with the skin on and sit them in the tomatoes so that the skin is facing up. Rub a little oil on the skins and sprinkle with salt.

Bake in a hot oven (220C/450F) for 20-30 minutes. When it's done, the skin will be brown and bubbly and the chicken will be the same colour all the way through - cut one open to check.*

Serve with rice, pasta or boiled potatoes and a green vegetable like peas or green beans, or a green salad (just because it looks good).

That's a favourite simple meal for when I want to look like I'm being fancy but don't want to do anything too complicated. You can do the same thing with skin-on fish fillets, but it will cook quicker (15-20min). And you can use a jarred pasta sauce, or any sauce, it doesn't have to be tomato. Hope it helps!

*Usually you'd check the chicken is done by poking it and seeing if the juices run clear - but you can't do that when there's tomato sauce everwhere!

Last edited by hippytea (Yesterday 10:06am)

Likes (0)