forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#51 Sat 19 Jan 13 11:51pm

Lesley-M

From Ireland
Member since Fri 15 Jul 05

Re: Tesco "Value range" Beef burgers....

As one poster here said "they are selling us water" . 

Well, if only our general water supply (y'know, the stuff that comes out of our drinking taps) was safe, i.e., non-toxic, then we would all be reasonably healthy, wouldn't we?

Even I am wary of the vegetables I grow (or try to) in my garden, with no pesticides whatsoever.  Maybe I should just give up eating altogether? help

Last edited by Lesley-M (Sat 19 Jan 13 11:52pm)

Likes (0)

#52 Sun 20 Jan 13 8:57am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

@Lesley-M I hear you! but you may not like this...
"The fact of the matter is… Bottled water may be hurting your health. A new study suggests plastic bottles release small amounts of chemicals over long periods of time."
http://www.banthebottle.net/articles/7- … hs-busted/

Since most bottled water is just filtered tap water your better off just filtering the water your self wink

OT: Horsemeat recipe exchange club
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Horse-Mea … 6994277330

Likes (0)

#53 Thu 24 Jan 13 7:00pm

LouiseFisher1

Member since Mon 21 Jan 13

The fact that it isn't on the packaging makes me think...what else do I consume that isn't what it says on the tin!  sad  sad

Likes (0)

#54 Thu 24 Jan 13 10:09pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

thats why I make them for my family Louise , they are so easy to make and much tastier ( so Im told , I don't eat them myself )

Likes (0)

#55 Fri 25 Jan 13 2:47pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Horses can have medicine that is not good for humans. It was not found in the Tesco case. But if you do eat Horse, it must be one that has been reared for such a purpose, not just any old horse.
My main concern is that pressure on the cheaper end of the market, is probably the reason, for something different going in the mix.
I have worked for a company that supplies U.K. supermarkets, it is very cutthroat.
A good butcher, homemade, burgers are a good thing to experiment with in the kitchen. I had a superb burger from Bread Street, (sorry Jamie). Barbecoa, has the best chips though (sorry Gordon).
Hey a new thread.

Likes (0)