Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 29 Jan 13 9:33pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Your User Name....

Now some of you have quite obvious user names, some not...

Mine BTW is Wine~o Not as some think because I'm a raving alcoholic....but because of 25 years in the wine trade...(Honest...) big_smile

How did you decide on your "online" Moniker???

Kye, Ashen, Maree,  and the others can quite happily ignore this thread....or not..

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 29 Jan 13 9:58pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Your User Name....

I didn't choose my user name , it was  my daughter who registered me as I was not used to computers Mummza is what she called me and that was that !

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 29 Jan 13 10:34pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I thought that the repetition of my family nikname had the estrosità and sweetness all at one time mada , mad (and) amada everyone would like to be as he is and loved at the same time, then came the first granddaughter so I converted that in Grand_ma, with the second one I could not be other than Grandmadamada , sempre un po' matta ma amata, I hope

Last edited by Grandmadamada (Tue 29 Jan 13 11:09pm)

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 29 Jan 13 10:47pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Grandmadamada wrote:

I thought that the repetition of my family nikname had the estrosità and sweetness all at one time mada , mad (and) amada everyone would like to be as he is and loved at the same time, then came the first granddaughter so I converted tat in Grand_ma, with the second one I could not be other then Grandmadamada , sempre un po' matta ma amata, I hope

clap  clap  clap  clap  clap  kiss

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 30 Jan 13 12:03am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

My nikname dates from when i was a kid at school.
A game we played hmm adding a Y in the middle of our initials.

My name became VCYLH yikes i then left out the C and L which (are you following me?) became VYH .. still not happy i messed with the sounds/syllables and KYE was born..

If you come to FB, you will see my real name.

Marée by the way is Marée...her real name. She has French connections wink

By the way Danny kindly took away the 'in France' that i added when i joined here, there had been another 'Kye' beforehand.

Last edited by Kye (Wed 30 Jan 13 10:56pm)

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 30 Jan 13 12:20am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Mine is kind of nerdy. I played an MMO (online gaming) called City of Heroes and my first and main Hero name was Phanta (after the soda Fanta). So I used COHPhanta for all my communications with my online gaming friends so that they knew it was me sending them emails, etc.  It's pronounced as you would thing Co fanta or as some of online friends now call me Coco.

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 30 Jan 13 12:27am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Kye wrote:

Marée by the way is Marée...her real name. She has French connections wink

Wasn't that ("French Connection") a movie, Kye wink ?. Yes, my paternal grandmother was French. She died before my parents married. My first and middle names are an Anglo-Irish version of her name.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#8 Wed 30 Jan 13 12:33am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

My real name is Joy, and YamDaisy is the community food project I have been working on when I can (hope to get further with it this year!). My avatar is a picture of a yamdaisy, or murnong. smile

Wine~o I always thought you must look like this: http://images.fineartamerica.com/images … arnold.jpg
but now you tell me you look like this! http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Fabi … BDVBBl.jpg  wink

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 30 Jan 13 12:51am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

My name is not important,
Oh well if you must know, its Slartibartfast.

Likes (0)

#10 Wed 30 Jan 13 2:17am

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

My name IS my name.

There is one 'Minerva' named in each generation, & is trained in herbalism & hedgecraft. She is given the 'wisdom' of the Minerva of the generation preceding, & has to hand it on to the next when the time is right. I have already done this, & the one that comes after has already been born.
It is an unbroken line that goes way back.

Likes (0)