forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Thu 31 Jan 13 10:32am

crip106

Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

Re: Do you listen to what celebrity chefs say?

Morning guys,

Thanks for all your comments and taking the time to rad about my research.

I just want to quickly respond to the comments about my reseach methods. Firstly as JoyYamDaisy said, it's really common now to offer an incentive to get people to take part in research, from lunch or travel expenses right up to an hourly pay rate. Unfortunately my funding doesn't stretch that far but I want to try and say thank you somehow.

Secndly my sampling. This is only one of a number of places that my survey has been places. The main sample is staff and students at my Univeristy where it has been sent to around 25,000 people. It has also been sent through several business's unrelated to food. I have flyered people on the street but not at supermarkets, that's a great call thanks wine-o! However my research has been designed (and approved by my ethics committee!) to target people who will be aware of celebrity and the types of issues I am studiying. So it isn't biased in that I am only interested in people actively engaged in, here food and chefs, but am looking for people who are likely to know who the chefs are and maybe watched their programmes or bought their books. If anyone has any questions about my ethical approval please let me know!

I completely understand that it is a big survey I am asking for quite a lot of people's time. I am (hopefully) creating a really unique data set which no one has ever studied before and I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to do the survey or comment here. I am happy to start discussions here if that is easier than doing the survey itself?

Thanks again for all your time and help! Christine.

Likes (0)

#12 Fri 01 Feb 13 1:30am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

I tried; I got to 4% (4 questions) to much time needed, sorry, good luck with the research.

Likes (0)

#13 Mon 04 Feb 13 6:40pm

RebeccaBourhill

Occupation Student wanna be chef
From Rustenberg, South Africa
Member since Mon 30 Aug 10

I definatly listen to what Jamie has to say! I love his way of cooking!

Likes (0)

#14 Mon 04 Feb 13 8:18pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

For me, I would be happy to just complete the survey (without prizes & without the need to 'sign up' for anything) just for the fun of it........I have absolutely no need of the dreaded i-pod, & if I was to be offered anything in the way of reward/inducement....would rather a side of salmon or a joint of good beef!!!

Likes (0)

#15 Mon 04 Feb 13 9:32pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

@nGoose1 wrote:

I tried; I got to 4% (4 questions) to much time needed, sorry, good luck with the research.

much the same as me goose I also had to give up ... sorry crip106
I was also a bit lost with the celebraties  roll

Minnie, my darling had the same thought as you about ipods, but I gave him one for his birthday one year ready loaded with his classical music collections , world music collections and all his other cd's , he was amazed to find them all on there , now ne oves it and plays it often thrugh the car cd player when hes drivig , or placed on a speaker in the sitting room. its amazing how much music can be stored on it and he has also downloadsed some podcasts onto it as well.
so ipod, once he got used to it was  thumbsup big_smile

Last edited by mummza (Mon 04 Feb 13 9:33pm)

Likes (0)

#16 Mon 04 Feb 13 11:09pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

@nGoose1 wrote:

It does say that you don't have to complete the whole survey at once....that it will save itself & you can access it later when you have more time.

I have completed the questionaire in its entirety (& yes, I did it all in one go!), & although there is a lot of it, it isn't too difficult to answer....even for an old duffer like me with a faulty memory!

Do have a go people, if it helps someone get a decent qualification at college, we should make the effort.

Likes (0)

#17 Tue 05 Feb 13 8:35am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Don't worry, I plan to get back to it !

Likes (0)

#18 Tue 05 Feb 13 9:23am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

I signed up but never received a link to the survey .  I guess they don't want my opinion.  lol

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)