Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Wed 30 Jan 13 1:28pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

Re: A season for Italy

Thistledo wrote:

koukouvagia - have you ever been to Italy?  A wonderfully musical place and they are so family orientated.  I loved my stay there.  It's a real fun place to visit.

Oh yes, a few times.  I've been to Naples, Sicily and traveled through Umbria.  Even the food at the airport was good.

Likes (0)

#22 Fri 01 Feb 13 8:24pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

BBC Two's Italy Unpacked with Art critic Andrew Graham-Dixon and Chef Giorgio Locatelli, was another fantastic Italy experience. Both these guys know their stuff. Seeing the rice traders and the rice farmers was interesting, as was all the show.
The cars were amazing , We once had 13 people in a Fiat 126, very irresponsible, I know. We were young and foolish. We drove around the block.
If you can get BBC it may still be on the I player. Its worth a watch.

Last edited by @nGoose1 (Fri 01 Feb 13 8:25pm)

Likes (0)

#23 Fri 01 Feb 13 8:31pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

13 very short people in a 126.... lol

Likes (0)

#24 Fri 01 Feb 13 10:43pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
From UK/Germany

I wish they were, I was on the bottom, god knows how we did it.

Last edited by @nGoose1 (Fri 01 Feb 13 10:45pm)

Likes (0)

#25 Sun 03 Feb 13 5:02pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I'm hosting a bunch of ladies, mainly in my age, housewives as well as working ones, with the aim of clearing our cooking doubts, improove our knowledge about food choice while buying it, and also making a check up of our bad habits in doing the best in the shortest time ......

all this (while chatting and taking notes) with the help of cuoco Roberto, who will make a pause with his beekeeping activity and be for a few hours our expert in Italian/Friulian classic cucina

if you have any questions, post them before wednesday afternoon and I'll ask him smile

Last edited by Grandmadamada (Sun 03 Feb 13 5:03pm)

Likes (0)

#26 Wed 06 Feb 13 1:37am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
From UK/Germany

Any ideas on Pistachio cream or paste?

Grandmadamada wrote:

I'm hosting a bunch of ladies, mainly in my age, housewives as well as working ones, with the aim of clearing our cooking doubts, improove our knowledge about food choice while buying it, and also making a check up of our bad habits in doing the best in the shortest time ......

all this (while chatting and taking notes) with the help of cuoco Roberto, who will make a pause with his beekeeping activity and be for a few hours our expert in Italian/Friulian classic cucina

if you have any questions, post them before wednesday afternoon and I'll ask him smile

Likes (0)

#27 Wed 06 Feb 13 9:25am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

fresh pistacchi are very expensive here and amost unknown, what we find are dry salted ones, I'm dreaming of pistacchi powder spread on baklava layers as you see in videos, I'll ask a friend, icecream maker, lately doing also crepes in his gelateria, to be eaten there or as takeaway

thank you goose for commenting

I could also ask my neighbor pasticcere

big_smile

Likes (0)

#28 Wed 06 Feb 13 11:03am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I can get the unsalted , but dry pisatachio nuts from the Indian food shops .

Likes (0)

#29 Wed 06 Feb 13 4:17pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

"A season for Italy"? Wow I had never thought of that, what a brilliant idea. Original and unheard of coming from Jamie.

Boring! yawn  Same ol, same ol'...

P.S. - With all respect to you Mada  smile

Likes (0)

#30 Wed 06 Feb 13 4:29pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Grandmadamada wrote:

fresh pistacchi are very expensive here and amost unknown, what we find are dry salted ones, I'm dreaming of pistacchi powder spread on baklava layers as you see in videos, I'll ask a friend, icecream maker, lately doing also crepes in his gelateria, to be eaten there or as takeaway

thank you goose for commenting

I could also ask my neighbor pasticcere

big_smile

We had a very delicious pistachio pesto in Rome.

Likes (0)