thumbsup

Likes (0)

#22 Sat 19 Jan 13 12:05pm

viktoria.cherednyk.1

Member since Thu 17 Jan 13

Re: Chicken!

wine~o wrote:

viktoria.cherednyk.1 wrote:

Usually I cut chicken into small pieces and fry it with curry. It is tasty, but my chicken always is too dry. Could you advise me how to change this

Either you are cutting the chicken into too small pieces..or over cooking...or a combination of both.... Do you marinate the Diced chicken before frying???

Edit... I see you have just joined today...

Welcome to the forum..

Only before cooking I dice it. I don't marinate, but I would like to know how to do this, if chicken is fried with curry.

Likes (0)

#23 Sat 19 Jan 13 1:24pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

wine~o wrote:

Usually I cut chicken into small pieces and fry it with curry. It is tasty, but my chicken always is too dry. Could you advise me how to change this

Either you are cutting the chicken into too small pieces..or over cooking...or a combination of both.... Do you marinate the Diced chicken before frying???

Welcome to the forum..

Only before cooking I dice it. I don't marinate, but I would like to know how to do this, if chicken is fried with curry.

When chicken gets dry it's usually a couple of reasons.  You might be using breast meat - over cooking breast meat is really easy to do and always always always comes out dry.  Or you're just plain over cooking your chicken period and once you do that it gets dry and grainy.  And it doesn't matter how long you marinade it, if you overcook it it's too late.

Likes (0)

#24 Sat 19 Jan 13 5:05pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

Only 6584 subscribers to go  wink

Likes (0)

#25 Sun 20 Jan 13 11:18am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia

5769 subscribers to go

Likes (0)

#26 Sun 20 Jan 13 11:38am

viktoria.cherednyk.1

Member since Thu 17 Jan 13

koukouvagia wrote:

wine~o wrote:

Welcome to the forum..

When chicken gets dry it's usually a couple of reasons.  You might be using breast meat - over cooking breast meat is really easy to do and always always always comes out dry.  Or you're just plain over cooking your chicken period and once you do that it gets dry and grainy.  And it doesn't matter how long you marinade it, if you overcook it it's too late.

Oh, really I use breast meat. As I live in a student's house, so it is difficult to be in a kitchen all time, so it may be overcooked. Next time I will try to keep an eye on meal. Thank you!

Likes (0)

#27 Sun 20 Jan 13 11:44am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia

@viktoria are you making a curry sauce? If you are just cook the chicken in the sauce don't fry it before.

Likes (0)

#29 Sat 23 Feb 13 3:35pm

capo1211

Member since Sun 16 Dec 12

I found the best way to roast a chicken is to spatchcok it by cutting down the back bone with a strong pair of scissors. Then depending on how your chicken is butchered, there is a nice piece of fat just inside the cavity (if already removed add some goose/duck fat instead) i take that off and put it under the breast skin. Next place on the backing tray and push down on the breast bone until it cracks to make the bird flat. rub with a little olive oil and season well. Cook at 100c until it has an internal temperature of at least 60c then take it out of the oven and let it cool for an hour or so while you prepare roast potatoes etc. When the chicken has cooled put it back in to a hot oven at least 230c basting every few minutes until it gets a nice crispy golden skin all over. With skin being my favourite part of the chicken, cooking it this way ensures none gets wasted its crispy golden all over. YUM! Also, the breast doesn't get over cooked and has a wonderful flavour and texture.

Likes (0)