forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:23pm

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Thermomix ..... Has anyone got one?

I went to a Thermomix party tonight and yes they seem great but really expensive. I'm wondering If anyone on the forum has one and what they think of it. Thanks smile  smile

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 10 Oct 12 10:00am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

Re: Thermomix ..... Has anyone got one?

I don't have one but I think they are interesting machines. I doubt I will ever feel the need to buy one though. If I was going to lay that much money out on a gadget like that I think I would buy one of the automatic polenta stirring machines.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#3 Wed 10 Oct 12 10:02pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

automatic polent stiring machines  smile never heard of those ... well thats not stricktly true... I have a polenta stiring machine but its not terribly efficient and is inclined to protest about the stirring ( and wander off at key moments) but hes always back when the food is ready to eat !!!!! lol

I havn't got a thermomix , like Ashen they do look interesting but I am unlikely to ever buy one.

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 21 Oct 12 4:21am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

automatic polenta stirring machines are very popular in Italy.

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 21 Oct 12 8:42pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

I think your automatic polenta stirring machine must be the same make as my automatic drink dispenser Grand-ma!
wink

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 22 Oct 12 2:05am

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

I borrowed one from a friend and had a good go of it and glad I did because now I know I don't want one...phew...because they are nearly $2,000 in Australia!!!
An automatic polenta stirring machine, what a good idea.

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 25 Feb 13 3:26am

rennieonline

Member since Mon 25 Feb 13

I have one and love it! Nothing stopping you from chopping and boiling away without it, but a lifesaver in a rush : )
It is quicker for me to make a pumpkin soup or risotto in my thermomix, then it is to order a pizza - and much cheaper!
I now have my home made, no chemicals/preservatives stock in the fridge, so I am saving there too!

I almost fell off my chair at the demo I went to when I saw the price - $1939 australian dollars, but then I started breaking it down; that is only $37 a week for a year, so all I need it to do is save us from ordering or eating out once a week and it pays for itself in a year, plus the benefits of making things I would have considered too hard before!   I also considered the fact that our last laptop cost more than that and at 3 years old -  its now a dinosaur,and needs replacing! I have met someone who has been using her thermomix (the old model) for 20 years!

last week I  got home from work at 6pm and proceeded to make focaccia from scratch and a spaghetti bolognaise to go with it - then my 7 minute, no lumps, no custard powder yummy real custard. All of dinner with no preservatives, thats gotta be good for us!

I love my thermomix! tongue  big_smile

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 25 Feb 13 9:09am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum rennieonline smile

The thermomix still seems such a lot of money to me , I think I am unlikely to get one.

You seem to be using yours loads which is encouraging for anyone thinking if buying one.
Being able to make foods 'from scratch' and with ease is always very satisfying .  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 25 Feb 13 12:08pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

I am admitedly a  bit of a cynic but I suspect Rennie has a bit more invested  than just owning a thermomix .  the patter seems a bit too tight to be anything less than pitch to me.  when someone breaks down price to small  increments it is usually a sign of salesmanship.  wink

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#10 Mon 25 Feb 13 1:02pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Ashen wrote:

I am admitedly a  bit of a cynic but I suspect Rennie has a bit more invested  than just owning a thermomix .  the patter seems a bit too tight to be anything less than pitch to me.  when someone breaks down price to small  increments it is usually a sign of salesmanship.  wink

Indeed Ashen, although "rennieonline" returns no hits, If you put "Rennie" in the search box here http://www.stopforumspam.com/search
You'll see loads of results....a prolific spammer.

Of course this rennie might be completely unrelated...I'd bet not.

Likes (0)