#11 Thu 14 Feb 13 12:26pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

Re: Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Pakman wrote:

Koukou at least someone around here is looking at the links I post  tongue

Lustig has a bunch of nay sayers but most of them can be linked in some way to big sugar or big corn  hmm

He has naysayers??   But how?  His arguments are nothing but logical.  It's times like this that I wish Oprah was still doing her show.  If she got Lustig on her show millions of people would be impacted by it!

Likes (0)

#12 Thu 14 Feb 13 12:28pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York

sergio1972 wrote:

Whats funny is that Dr. Atkins has been warning people about sugar and carbs in general but at the time most people didnt pay much attention to him. Apparently they were too busy being intoxicated by tv ads...

I believe that Dr. Atkins' "fall" was a cover.  It is speculated that is was a lie they came up with to cover up his ailments, possibly related to his high-fat diet.  I tried his diet for a while and it made me.... crazy.  He was definitely on to something but giving people permission to eat bacon eggs and cheese everyday and limit their vegetable intake and forbid fruit intake may have caused a lot of damage.

Likes (0)

#13 Wed 27 Feb 13 10:34am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 27 Feb 13 1:10pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York

Haven't gotten to this one yet.  Is this the one that talks about how meat is bad for you?  I'm steering towards a paleo-primal diet.

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 27 Feb 13 2:29pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Thistledo wrote:

wine~o wrote:

you show me someone who drinks 2L of cola a day....I'll show you a fat B@rsteward... mad

As it happens, I see in the internet news today that an American lady (age about 31 I think) has died as a result of drinking 2 gallons of Coke a day - allegedly.  Don't think she's overweight though.

It's good for cleaning drains, however  roll

That lady was a Kiwi (a New Zealander).

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#16 Wed 27 Feb 13 2:36pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

They actually link animal proteins to (meat, fish, dairy) to most health problems. Give it a look it's only a 1.5 hours.

Likes (0)

#17 Wed 27 Feb 13 3:45pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

But read this http://rawfoodsos.com/2011/09/22/forks- … -critique/ alongside ... and do some research as well ...

Likes (0)

#18 Thu 28 Feb 13 1:13pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York

There is an argument for everything isn't there?  It does my head in to think of all the possible ways we are killing ourselves.  I look at all the diets and try to find the common denominator.  It seems like a person will have a good chance of living a strong healthy life if they eliminate sugar, processed food and excess salt from their diet.  This is what I have deduced for myself:

- avoid sugar in any form
- no artificial sweeteners
- eat something raw every day
- a cup of low-fat greek yogurt in the morning with almonds and a banana helps me feel full and mentally balanced
- severely reduce wheat products
- limited portions potatoes, corn and rice
- eat vegetables with abandon
- Eat a huge salad every day
- all protein is good protein but be careful of cured meats
- shop the perimeter of the grocery store, avoid going down the aisles.
- READ LABELS - there's sugar in almost everything

I've always thought that legumes were part of a healthy nutritional lifestyle.  They've always been part of the mediterranean diet but I'm not sure if they are now carbs and the paleo-primal diet avoids them entirely - including peanuts which are technically a legume but I haven't gotten to the bottom of why.

Likes (0)

#19 Thu 28 Feb 13 10:12pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

koukouvagia wrote:

... I've always thought that legumes were part of a healthy nutritional lifestyle.  They've always been part of the mediterranean diet but I'm not sure if they are now carbs and the paleo-primal diet avoids them entirely - including peanuts which are technically a legume but I haven't gotten to the bottom of why.

Peanuts grow under ground, don't they? Hence, legume smile

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#20 Thu 28 Feb 13 10:18pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Indeed ..."proper" Nuts grow on trees....

Likes (0)