forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21601 Thu 07 Mar 13 12:26am

MarielH

Forum champ
Occupation Retired youngster but keeping busy!!
From Scotland
Member since Sun 14 Dec 08

Re: Whats For Supper?

Yes did Maree - after ordering Jamie's feast which was pank of antipasti, cheese etc and then hot dishes.  The hot dishes arrived first - did not make sense. We also had to wait long time to order.  Then on leaving discovered we had been charged twice for Jamie Feast.  No apology offered.  Off to catch train feeling totally let down not by food but service!!

Likes (0)

#21602 Thu 07 Mar 13 12:28am

MarielH

Forum champ
From Scotland

Sorry for having whine here - but even had to ask for plates to eat hot dishes  exclaim

Likes (0)

#21603 Thu 07 Mar 13 12:38am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Oh dear ...

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#21604 Thu 07 Mar 13 12:43am

MarielH

Forum champ
From Scotland

Oh yes - was a special outing and travelled all that distance - overcharged and not good service.

Likes (0)

#21605 Thu 07 Mar 13 1:56am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

MarielH, sorry to hear that.  You would be doing the company a favor to let them know in writing and let them know who you are.  I feel for people who work so hard in this industry when some of their staff slacks off and basically makes a mess of all their hard work.

Likes (0)

#21606 Thu 07 Mar 13 3:41am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

The leftover risotto lurks in the fridge. Must use it tonight-rice cakes. Salad and fruit will follow.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#21607 Thu 07 Mar 13 9:18am

MarielH

Forum champ
From Scotland

MsPablo wrote:

MarielH, sorry to hear that.  You would be doing the company a favor to let them know in writing and let them know who you are.  I feel for people who work so hard in this industry when some of their staff slacks off and basically makes a mess of all their hard work.

Mspab - going to be emailing them today.  Have never felt more disappointed - not with the fod but with the service and being overcharged.

On the way out when we then had to rush for train was cornered by server wanting to sell us JO products - yes would otherwise have looked - but instead responded - wont be back as we were so annoyed!!

Likes (0)

#21608 Thu 07 Mar 13 11:50am

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

Mariel, all in all, that was a disgusting experience for you, especially as it was going to be such a treat.  I agree that you must make contact with the management of that establishment.  It would actually be better on a letter than in an email and copy Jamie and anyone else involved.  You must be heard and you would be doing Jamie a service.

You'll feel a lot better for putting it all in writing.  Good luck.

Likes (0)

#21609 Thu 07 Mar 13 1:55pm

MarielH

Forum champ
From Scotland

Thistle do - that is exactly how I see it - the staff are not doing Jamie any favours - felt that from moment we walked thro the door til we left in disgust with absolutely no apology whatsoever for charging twice the amount.  Dealing with this this afternoon  angry

Likes (0)

#21610 Thu 07 Mar 13 4:45pm

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

Last night we had lambs liver, sprouts and mash so tonight its a revamp from last night. OH did mention something bubbly and squeakey with it..

Likes (0)