forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#41 Fri 08 Feb 13 9:56am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: A season for Italy

Sergio, how about starting a new thread to educate us about Portuguese food and share some recipes? I, also, know very little about your cuisine but I'd love to learn.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#42 Sun 10 Feb 13 12:45pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

Thanks for the support guys!

Mummza you know a lot actually! Here's a few more data: our fish is exported to NY's top restaurants and their chefs claim to be the best in the world. Im glad its them saying and not me wink
Not even Italy, Greece or any of the other mediterranean countries have it, cause the quality of the fish in the Med sea isnt as good as the Atlantic's.
And also we have probably the widest variety of fishes in our seas and therefore markets.

Maree: not a bad idea but unfort I've "fought that batlle" before only to crash and burn...Also I dont have a lot of free time these days. I guess I just had to moan a bit...

I will try to post more often and hopefully without moaning and with some recipes for you all!
Cheers
  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#43 Mon 11 Feb 13 12:37am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

I see that you've "bumped" your previous thread, Sergio thumbsup

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#44 Mon 11 Feb 13 11:23am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

thumbsup  big_smile next season for Portogallo wink

Likes (0)

#45 Thu 07 Mar 13 11:41pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

www.latavolamarche.com
I had some great ideas, from Italian cookschool and holiday home above.  Nice pasta tips and much more.I wish I had the money to visit. have not heard from them for a while.
  Ashley and Jason are you still there? I hope so.

Likes (0)

#46 Thu 07 Mar 13 11:43pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
From UK/Germany

eldelpwromo, Gad Zooks , what the Dickens that all about?

Likes (0)

#47 Thu 07 Mar 13 11:55pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
From UK/Germany

Some great fish and Seafood in Portugal, We have a great climate for seafood in the U.K. water temperature being great for many things. More Portugal on the site ,would be  a great thing.
Back to Italy, It  has the best Fennel, chestnuts and more,
U.K. cheese is great, beating French cheese on the Jamie show (independent judges). Parmesan though, is the best cheese in the world. No other cheeses are accepted as collateral by banks.  Risottos finished with other cheese (except the obvious seafood and  some goats cheese risotto’s  ), no way. Parmesan is the king!

Likes (0)

#48 Fri 08 Mar 13 12:00am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
From UK/Germany
    Likes (0)

#49 Fri 08 Mar 13 8:21pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

@nGoose1 wrote:

Parmesan though, is the best cheese in the world. No other cheeses are accepted as collateral by banks.  Risottos finished with other cheese (except the obvious seafood and  some goats cheese risotto’s  ), no way. Parmesan is the king!

Thats obviously your opinion which I respect of course. Have you ever tried any portuguese cheese?
Do you know that last year 2 portuguese cheeses were voted among the 10 best in the world?

Also, when I used to sell gourmet products, one of my clients was an italian chef who owns one of the best restaurants in Lisbon and he told me that in many dishes he actually prefered to use Queijo da Ilha, which is a cheese from the Azores than Parmesan, so...

We go back to the problem already mentioned. Portuguese products lack promotion, unlike italian ones and its nobody fault but ours.

Likes (0)

#50 Fri 08 Mar 13 8:38pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

"Parmesan is the best cheese in the world"

Bit of a sweeping statement.... hmm

I find that I use different cheeses for different purposes.....

and witha HUGE apology to Sergio....I can't honestly say I've ever tried a Portugese Cheese...

Likes (0)