Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 16 Jan 13 8:00pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Washing-up

So who does the washing up in your household...is it a shared chore???
Do you make the Children do it??

Does the Chef/Cook do the cooking and the other do the washing up???

Even if you have a dishwasher, there are still those items that won't go in the dishwasher...chopping boards...crystal wine glasses..etc..

And why do you never see washing up on cooking programmes?? isn't that an integral part of the cooking process..??

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 16 Jan 13 9:29pm

bentpenny

From CANADA
Member since Wed 09 May 07

Re: Washing-up

I do the cooking and the cleaning up.  It is my kitchen and i do like things in the right spots.  It would be like trying to clean up my hubby shed.lol  However once and awhile I can get someone to clean the table up and put the fridge items away.

As for cooking shows I'm sure they have interns that clean up, when the camera is not on.

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 16 Jan 13 10:38pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

I'm the same as bentpenny. I do do a pretty good "Exorcist" scene, though, if the table is not cleared and the condiments etc are not returned to their place/s.

I had one incident where, for whatever reason, I didn't do the dishes. A Le Creuset pot was attacked with a metal scoured rather than soaked to remove the gunge. Never again.

Likewise, I'm not a morning person and facing a dirty kitchen in the morning is likely to tip me over the edge and put me in a filthy mood for the rest of the day. So, no matter how late or how I feel, the kitchen has to be "done" before I go to bed.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4 Wed 16 Jan 13 10:42pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I cook , my darling cleans up , we both fill or empty the dishwasher .
Did we make the children do the washing up ... No not really but every so often they did the washing up for fun . They would help if we asked but we decided that they should  concentrated on their school work etc. . School work was never an issue and they have all turned into very successful adults who don't mind washing up !!!

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 17 Jan 13 9:15am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

Generally, for other than Thai food, I am the cook. The missis generally washes up. In some cases she washes up before I have finished cooking which can be a real pain but, under the circumstances, I'll live with it.

Likes (0)

#6 Thu 17 Jan 13 10:51am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

I usually do all the cooking and washing up/cleaning up with a little help from Mr. 6.

Likes (0)

#7 Thu 17 Jan 13 11:28am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

My wife  usually cooks and washes up during the week.. I usually cook on weekends and do a deep clean of the kitchen.  I get quite uptight if I cook   when there  is    dirty dishes or any general mess in the kitchen.

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#8 Thu 17 Jan 13 11:40am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Ashen wrote:

I get quite uptight if I cook   when there  is    dirty dishes or any general mess in the kitchen.

As said, I do a close "Exorcist" impression when faced with a messy kitchen.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#9 Thu 17 Jan 13 6:44pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Maree wrote:

Ashen wrote:

I get quite uptight if I cook   when there  is    dirty dishes or any general mess in the kitchen.

As said, I do a close "Exorcist" impression when faced with a messy kitchen.

That's me as well.

Generally, the children now load and unload the dishwasher, and wash-up anything that needs doing by hand.  They also help to lay and clear the table.  They are old enough (12 and 14) and as we are all in school it only seems fair, as I do all of the cooking.

One thing that does drive me ballistic, is when no-one wipes down the hob, after it's been used  angry

Likes (0)

#10 Thu 14 Mar 13 11:19am

Johnmichelsr

Member since Fri 16 Nov 12

bentpenny wrote:

I do the cooking and the cleaning up.  It is my kitchen and i do like things in the right spots.  It would be like trying to clean up my hubby shed.lol  However move out cleaning brisbaneonce and awhile I can get someone to clean the table up and put the fridge itemsend of lease cleaning brisbane  away.

As for cooking shows I'm sure they have interns that clean up, when the camera is not on.

Hello sorry to interrupt you in between. I have been searching for threads providing information about cleaning kitchen. You seems to be experienced person can you tell which solution you use to clean?

Last edited by Johnmichelsr (Sat 16 Mar 13 5:05pm)

Likes (0)