forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Tue 26 Mar 13 2:44pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

Re: Do you do your main supermarket shopping online or in the store ?

I hardly do any shopping online. I know a person who used to work in a big supermarket and she said that actually the best, freshest products are picked for the online deliveries. Nevertheless I dont think I could buy meat and mainly fish online. I need to see what I'm buying!

Likes (0)

#12 Tue 26 Mar 13 3:34pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I agree with the fish and meat Sergio , I on't order them online at all.

But I do now rely on getting storecupboard items,it saves so much lifting and struggling , I buy things like  milk , butter, yoghurts , jams juices any tinned or jarred products , flours and baking ingredients etc online.
I mostly buy the same things for the store cupboard .
The organic friut and veg boxes that I buy mean that things are always fresh and on the rare time there has been a problem I simply phone them and they refund the cost of the damaged item.

Online supermarket shopping did take a while to get used to , to start with I found it tricky finding my way around the website but soom worked out a system that suited me and now I find it fairly quick.

Another bonus for me is that I think I save money shopping like this as I find that I dont get led astray with what I find on the shelves along the isles of a supermarket anymore.

Likes (0)

#13 Tue 02 Apr 13 5:53pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

I have to confess that shopping for food is kind of therapeutic to me wink
It's a bit like many women who like to go and buy clothes, shoes, etc. I like to buy food and I do it maybe twice a week. Apart from that, its the best way to have fresh products all the time, as I avoid at all costs buying processed stuff.
And tomorrow is the day to go and pay a visit to my favourite fishmonger. She has great fish and even greater prices!!

As to other things like detergents and other cleaning stuff I really would prefer to order online. Since I dont, what I do as I take my wife with me and she takes care of that "less pleasant" part of the shopping for me;)

Likes (0)