forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Sun 14 Apr 13 10:09pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

Re: How many days a week do you eat vegetarian meals ?

I don't eat meatless meals as often as I did when I was single.. there were times that i would go 4 or 5 days before I would realize that I hadn't eaten meat.   Even now we often eat meatless meals . I make a distinction between vegetarian and meatless simply because  many of the meals will have things that a vegetarian would  not eat.  Homemade chicken stock in risotto  ,  a fillet of anchovy in a putanesca sauce  etc.

Last edited by Ashen (Sun 14 Apr 13 10:10pm)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#22 Mon 15 Apr 13 7:55am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Oh good point , Ashen .
I suppose that I don't think about the difference between meatless and vegetarian as I am vegetarian so automaticly use vegetable stoch when I make dishes. Rissotto in our house is always made from vegetable stock.
I never use anchovies as I am allergic to fish.

I do make chicken or turkey stock , not for myself but for making soup etc for the family .

Likes (0)

#23 Mon 15 Apr 13 2:00pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

mummza wrote:

Its not that I did not like the fish , koukouvagia , but more that I was very wary of giving the children fish as I an allergic to it as was my father , I was anxious for them as I was unaware wether they might have the same allergy or not.
Forthuatly it transpires that they can all eat fish but I was not to know that at the time.

Anyway they ate loads of vegetables and would happily eat any vegetarian meal .
They all also ate and enjoyed meat , Times like during Lent I found that some of them would gve up eating meat and so were totally vegetarian during that time.

Oh sorry, must have read your post to mean that you didn't give fish because you didn't like it.  As a mother myself I can certainly relate to the fear of allergies!  Luckily your kids are allergy free and moving on to fish, it really does offer so many nutritional benefits smile

Likes (0)