forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 22 Apr 13 11:56pm

darkjedv

Member since Sun 27 Jan 13

Microwave labels...Can we make them change?

Hopefully this is the right forum for this post.

I purchased a new Kenmore microwave and just noticed that there is a label in the door for the different options for the pre-programmed buttons. The one button is labeled "Kids Meals" The list of options are:

1. Chicken Nuggets
2. French Fries
3. Frozen Sandwich
4. Hot Dogs

I know its a small thing but maybe we can get the manufacturers to change that label from "Kids Meals" to something else like "Fast Food". I also noticed the same labeling on a Samsung microwave. Do you think it's worth trying? What can we do?

Thanks for listening!

Jed

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 23 Apr 13 11:41am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Microwave labels...Can we make them change?

Welcome to the forum darkjedv smile

I have to say that I have never heard of this before.
Is it a standard program on all microwaves where you live ?
I am also unfamilia with the Kenmore brand , where do you live ?

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 23 Apr 13 5:37pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

mummza wrote:

Welcome to the forum darkjedv smile

I have to say that I have never heard of this before.
Is it a standard program on all microwaves where you live ?
I am also unfamilia with the Kenmore brand , where do you live ?

I'm guessing the Good old US of A given the menu options...

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 24 Apr 13 10:11am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

It could also be Canada.. Kenmore is the appliance house brand of Sears  and I think `Kmart in the USA also carries it. sears tenders out the actually manufacturing of the appliances to whatever company will make it the cheapest. This means that the microwave bought this year could be made by panasonic and next year by it could be made by someone else. They are very
strict about their quality specs though, and generally have a great warranty.  In a former life , I built many Kenmore fridges, freezers and dehumidifiers.  wink

Last edited by Ashen (Wed 24 Apr 13 10:13am)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#5 Wed 24 Apr 13 10:15am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

ok that is very weird.. when I submited the last post.  the word "Kmart"  automatically came up with a hypertext link without my adding it.   I am opposed to that kind of thing on general principles. If I want to link to a product or business that is one thing but to autolink advertise is just creepy.  shocked  shocked  I edited it just to make sure it wasn't linked.  lol

Last edited by Ashen (Wed 24 Apr 13 10:18am)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#6 Thu 25 Apr 13 3:58am

darkjedv

Member since Sun 27 Jan 13

I live in the US. Kenmore is the Sears brand. I think this is common on a lot of microwave brands. If you do a google search for kids meal menu microwave there is a lot of pictures that come up with the labeling. i.e.

http://www.weightymatters.ca/2012/11/if … ken-i.html

I guess this is only in the US based on what you have said? It would be nice to have them change the label to something other than "Kid's"

Thanks!

Likes (0)

#7 Thu 25 Apr 13 3:11pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Ashen wrote:

ok that is very weird.. when I submited the last post.  the word "Kmart"  automatically came up with a hypertext link without my adding it.   I am opposed to that kind of thing on general principles. If I want to link to a product or business that is one thing but to autolink advertise is just creepy.  shocked  shocked  I edited it just to make sure it wasn't linked.  lol

Hey Ashen,

Yep sorry about this - it's an advertising scheme we are trialling, whereby some brand names mentioned on the site are automatically hyperlinked. Your feedback is useful though when reviewing the benefits and performance of new features we introduce to the site, so thanks for letting us know how you feel about them.

Likes (0)

#8 Thu 25 Apr 13 11:11pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Merlin wrote:

Ashen wrote:

Hey Ashen,

Yep sorry about this - it's an advertising scheme we are trialling, whereby some brand names mentioned on the site are automatically hyperlinked. Your feedback is useful though when reviewing the benefits and performance of new features we introduce to the site, so thanks for letting us know how you feel about them.

I'm not getting it (thank goodness) even though we have the chain Ashen mentioned.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#9 Fri 26 Apr 13 1:36pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

darkjedv wrote:

Hopefully this is the right forum for this post.

I purchased a new Kenmore microwave and just noticed that there is a label in the door for the different options for the pre-programmed buttons. The one button is labeled "Kids Meals" The list of options are:

1. Chicken Nuggets
2. French Fries
3. Frozen Sandwich
4. Hot Dogs

I know its a small thing but maybe we can get the manufacturers to change that label from "Kids Meals" to something else like "Fast Food". I also noticed the same labeling on a Samsung microwave. Do you think it's worth trying? What can we do?

Thanks for listening!

Jed

That's pretty bad.   Advertisers have given the term 'kids' meals' this meaning.  Probably market research showed that customers who buy a lot of 'kids meals' also replace their microwaves often and possibly would buy one with features their kids will use to heat up their own meals.

Likes (0)