forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#4361 Wed 17 Apr 13 4:59pm

Shazfoodie

Member since Wed 17 Apr 13

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi there everyone,

Just introducing myself - I'm a foodie and an aspiring foodie writer! I'm hoping to get some cooking tips as well as some ideas for articles.

Looking forward to seeing what other foodies have to say!

Likes (0)

#4362 Thu 18 Apr 13 9:02am

silkySilke

Occupation Currently I am a biology student in my last year
From Germany
Member since Wed 10 Apr 13

Good morning guys !
Have been reading around these pages last couple of days (inbetween learning for an exam) and I must say I'm so fascinated and inspired by them that I hardly could let go of them ;-)

I have also spent a lot of time looking videos on youtube and learning about all projects Jamie has initiated the last couple of years. I think it's so good and important that people come together and stand up for food sovereignty and take time to cook. I couldn't believe it when I heard that sometimes they don't even have kitchens in newly built homes.

What I like most about Jamies recipes is their simplicity! And you don't have to run around the whole town just to get hold of ingredients you hardly get anywhere.

What in my opinion is also very important is not only getting people back to cooking and growing their own stuff, it is also important to have sovereignty over the seeds we use. There are lots of efforts by companies to patent seeds (patents on life - horrific!). In consequence they deprive farmers and all others of the right to keep seeds for their own use! It's a kind of dependency that worries me a lot...not to say that seed diversity and old varieties are going to be lost for future generations...

Well, there's a lot more to say, but I have to go back learning...

Lots of love from Stuttgart, Germany
Silke

Likes (0)

#4363 Thu 18 Apr 13 9:11am

silkySilke

Occupation Currently I am a biology student in my last year
From Germany
Member since Wed 10 Apr 13

P.S.: For anyone interested go to www.saveourseeds.org

Likes (0)

#4364 Sun 21 Apr 13 7:59pm

ConnieB

Member since Sun 21 Apr 13

Hi Jamie, im Constanza from Chile.

I just joined today, and im very excited to become a part of the people who want a change in their food industry. Im a believer that healthy way to cook can be tasty, creative, and motivating as well as the regular food. So im very happy that you can spread some of that ideas with a strong example to all of us. And of course, give us your delicious recipes. I really love them.

Keep innovating in food,  and sharing your twist to all who love cook Our Way To The Good Life..

Loves, ConnieB.

Likes (0)

#4365 Thu 25 Apr 13 6:06am

bethany.twine.5

Member since Thu 25 Apr 13

Hello, everyone! My name is Bethany and I am 23 years old. I love to cook! As of right now, I cook for my fiance and myself. Fun Fact: I have dual-citizenship from the USA and UK (I was born on RAFB Lakenheath). I have recently started a venture into my own little project about the benefits of doing things yourself (i.e. making your own pasta, grinding your own coffee, etc.) and am currently in the research stage. I currently attend an online university and am aiming for my Associates in Business Administration. If you wanna know more, don't hesitate to ask as I have always held the firm belief that there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week!

Likes (0)

#4366 Mon 29 Apr 13 4:01pm

anneclaricejoxo

Member since Mon 29 Apr 13

Jamieeeeee smile Heyyysss oops I admire your cooking a lot. More Power. xoxoxo

Likes (0)

#4367 Tue 30 Apr 13 9:46am

krrahman

From Dhaka
Member since Tue 30 Apr 13

Jamie wrote:

Hi guys - welcome to the forums!

This is the part of the site where you can introduce yourself to other people and let us know a little bit about you. I love the fact that there are people from all over the world on the forums, you all make my site a special place to be!

Thanks guys and enjoy!

Love Jamie O xxx

Guys, I am new here and would like to have your all around support. Thanks

Likes (0)

#4368 Tue 30 Apr 13 6:57pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum krrahman smile

What sort of things do you enjoy cooking ?

Likes (0)

#4369 Wed 15 May 13 8:39pm

moeabdullah

From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Member since Wed 15 May 13

Hi Jamie and all Jamie's fan!
I have been a fan since you were cooking of that flat in London and had your scooter. Followed your move to your first house where the kitchen looked very cottagy. Then you became Jay Kay's neighbour, had that healthy garden patch as compared to your herbs garden by the window in that flat. Followed you in your Italian escapade series then off to the states. Respected you even more in Food Revolution.

I enjoy a bit of cooking and i sometimes do volunteer cooking at my local soup kitchen. I have a habit of fusing food with Malaysian taste, a colourful country where i reside now. I used to live in the UK, had my first job, got married, had my first 3 lovely children before returning home.

I would love to share my passion for cooking and would be very honoured if you guide me. When are you coming to Kuala Lumpur? Really would love to meet you in person after all these years.
Thanks. Happy days!

Likes (0)

#4370 Fri 17 May 13 10:29am

Cooking Bart

Member since Fri 17 May 13

Hi everybody!
Let me introduce myself......
I live in the Netherlands. I'm a father of 2 lovely kiddo's and happily married! My English is a bit rusty sow forgive me my mistakes please:)

I love cooking and grow my own vegetables. I like to trie new things. Also trie new things growing in the garden.
Normally I use as much as possible the vegetables fresh as they come of the ground. Sow when I start cooking, I first roam in my garden for 15 minutes and end up with a lot af stuff in the kitchen. Then I trie start making something edible of it:)
But in winter wee need to eat as well sow we have 2 big freezers, and we pickle and preserve a lot as well.
When we have a lot of white cabbages, savoy or so, I make my own sauerkraut. When you make it in the summer you can eat it the whole winter!!

I like the way Jamie cooks! Its simple, rustic and good! Go on Jamie!!

Likes (0)