forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Thu 21 Mar 13 10:18pm

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

Re: pizza dough

@nGoose1 wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, Let us know what happens.
Gordon Ramsay has a home technique of frying pizza then grilling it , if I remember right.

The frying pan/grill technique is a brilliant way of achieving perfect Naan breads. Madhur Jaffrey has a brilliant recipe for Naan using that technique.....it's as good as the restaurant stuff...if not better.

I'll be firing my Wood-fired oven up tomorrow ready for an event on Saturday. I'll be using the workers at the Wood mill where it's stored as Guinea pigs to try out my pizza's. Making the dough tonight for an overnight slow ferment in the fridge. Pizza dough will be.....

400gms ......strong white
100gms ......rye flour
7gms (1 sachet) ..yeast
level tsp ....salt
2 tblesp.....heather honey
splash...or 2 evoo
350ml water.

I may have to add a tad more water as the rye flour seems to sap up more water than strong white....don't want to have my dough too dry....nor too wet so I'll weigh the water (350ml/350gms) and make a note of exactly how much water I use for future use.

I'll place it directly in the fridge after the first kneading and maybe knock it back in the morning. I'll try to keep it about 4%c until I use it as this temperature seems to make the dough more manageable. I would like some growth in the texture but I don't want to have to "dock" the pizza base if possible.

If the pizza's....or more to the point the pizza crust comes out OK...I'll post a pic....if it all goes pear shaped....I won't.

Terry

Likes (0)

#22 Fri 22 Mar 13 7:20pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

--

For every day dough I have been using Jamie's basic recipe from TNC2 since it came out. Never had a fail.

I use my own tomato sauce for the base. I add extra fresh herbs to it - try a tiny bit of mint. Sounds wrong for pizza but it tastes so right.

I use the hooded gas BBQ with 2 pizza stones in it to cook ours using semolina to stop them sticking.

Last edited by frizz1974 (Fri 22 Mar 13 7:21pm)

Likes (0)

#23 Fri 10 May 13 5:52pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Cool idea for Nann breads, cheers

cannyfradock wrote:

@nGoose1 wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, Let us know what happens.
Gordon Ramsay has a home technique of frying pizza then grilling it , if I remember right.

The frying pan/grill technique is a brilliant way of achieving perfect Naan breads. Madhur Jaffrey has a brilliant recipe for Naan using that technique.....it's as good as the restaurant stuff...if not better.

I'll be firing my Wood-fired oven up tomorrow ready for an event on Saturday. I'll be using the workers at the Wood mill where it's stored as Guinea pigs to try out my pizza's. Making the dough tonight for an overnight slow ferment in the fridge. Pizza dough will be.....

400gms ......strong white
100gms ......rye flour
7gms (1 sachet) ..yeast
level tsp ....salt
2 tblesp.....heather honey
splash...or 2 evoo
350ml water.

I may have to add a tad more water as the rye flour seems to sap up more water than strong white....don't want to have my dough too dry....nor too wet so I'll weigh the water (350ml/350gms) and make a note of exactly how much water I use for future use.

I'll place it directly in the fridge after the first kneading and maybe knock it back in the morning. I'll try to keep it about 4%c until I use it as this temperature seems to make the dough more manageable. I would like some growth in the texture but I don't want to have to "dock" the pizza base if possible.

If the pizza's....or more to the point the pizza crust comes out OK...I'll post a pic....if it all goes pear shaped....I won't.

Terry

Likes (0)