forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 17 May 13 7:00am

vekselmanpeter

Member since Fri 17 May 13

hello everyone!

I'm Peter, and I'm new to the site.

I am contemplating on being vegetarian (for health reasons), and I wanted to know if anyone of you did so, and how did you survive the first few months without meat?

Also, how can I make savory vegetable dishes.  And does spice work well with vegetables?

Thanks, and looking forward to great feedback.

Peter Vekselman

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 17 May 13 7:09am

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Re: hello everyone!

Hi Peter,
Although I am not a vegetarian I do know a bit about it and cook vegetarian meals all the time.  My son is a vegetarian and has been for 8 years now (since he was about 9). Anything I can help you with just let me know. 
There are quite a few vegetarian threads on the forum and I sure someone will post the links for you (because that's a bit out of my league). 
Just make sure to include lots of beans, lentils, tofu (if you like it)and whole grains in your diet along with your vegies.
And a big welcome.
smile  smile

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 17 May 13 7:20am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

SherylS wrote:

There are quite a few vegetarian threads on the forum and I sure someone will post the links for you (because that's a bit out of my league). 
  smile

Its easy Sheryl .. What you do is ..
* Press on the address bar of the page you want to copy ( if its the whole thread then make sure first page is up )
*the whole bar will turn into a block of colour and you will see a little list of words pop up .
*click on the word 'copy'
* then go back to the page you want to add the link too
*in the area you want to wrtite and once the cursor is in the correct place  , right click on your mouse or keyboard and the list of words comes up again but this time click on ' paste ' and your link should post .
thumbsup
So if you can ' copy and paste. ' its just that only you copy and paste the address bar . thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 17 May 13 7:24am

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

mummza wrote:

SherylS wrote:

smile

Its easy Sheryl .. What you do is ..
* Press on the address bar of the page you want to copy ( if its the whole thread then make sure first page is up )
*the whole bar will turn into a block of colour and you will see a little list of words pop up .
*click on the word 'copy'
* then go back to the page you want to add the link too
*in the area you want to wrtite and once the cursor is in the correct place  , right click on your mouse or keyboard and the list of words comes up again but this time click on ' paste ' and your link should post .
thumbsup
So if you can ' copy and paste. ' its just that only you copy and paste the address bar . thumbsup

Thanks mummza. I'll give it a go when I get back off to school pickup....

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 17 May 13 7:27am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum Peter  big_smile

It sounds like you are a big meat lover !
I am vegetarian but my family all eat meat , I cook meat for the family but I don't eat it myself .
We have a lot of vegetarian meals .
What you could do initially is just to replace several meals a week from meat based meals to vegetarian meals.
That way you will see what you enjoy and if its s lifestyle that you like.
It would be easy to make the transition and it should not be too difficult.
We do have some vegetarian threads here on the forum and I will try to get to post links later today or tomorrow for you (I'm sorry I can't do a search easily now as I'm using my phone to post and it takes me a whole to search . ).

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 20 May 13 5:06pm

taliassteak

Member since Mon 20 May 13

Hi,
   I am also new to this forum. I have Kosher Steak house and I love it.... I would like to make friends and get more knowledge about different recipes. smile

Likes (0)