forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1051 Fri 24 May 13 9:04am

vladantntrider

Member since Sat 18 May 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

200g cooked rice, 500g spinach Steamed hot water and chopped, 500g stewed ground beef, finely chopped onion, basil, salt, pepper, stir it all together and browning in the oven at 200C for 10 minutes, remove and pour three scrambled eggs, and return to 10 minutes in the oven, served with a salad of rucola with a lemon and olive oil, Good Appetite

Last edited by vladantntrider (Fri 24 May 13 9:08am)

Likes (0)

#1052 Sat 25 May 13 7:05am

SUMMER01

Member since Sat 25 May 13

Hi Jamie, I'm looking for a recipe that you published in The Herald Sun, Melbourne with lamb, rice and sour cherries all in the one pot.  I made it for my family and they loved it but I have lost the paper and I can't find the same recipe anywhere on your website.  Could you repeat it please.

Thanks

Last edited by SUMMER01 (Wed 05 Jun 13 9:26am)

Likes (0)

#1053 Sat 25 May 13 3:25pm

Cuisinssouci

Member since Sat 25 May 13

What's your favorite way to cook eggplant? I've only had it done up as eggplant parmigiana, and it's almost alwys ended up (I asume) somewhat overcooked and slimey.

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

I've had precisely the same problem for ages...until I tried this
trick: Slice the eggplants in half (length-wise), put them onto a well-oiled baking form, put into the oven between 180 to 200degrees Celsius for roughly 20-25 minutes depending on the size and the texture desired. After that the eggplant is ready to be integrated into pretty much any recipe: as component of a veggie lasagna or slices fried in tempura batter or as the base for a delicious eggplant cream Arabic style (chopped onion & chillies & parsley, salt'n pepper, spritz of lime juice)

cheers,

Anna

Likes (0)

#1054 Sun 26 May 13 8:45am

taliassteak

Member since Mon 20 May 13

Please give me idea to cook Moussaka Combo with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#1055 Sun 26 May 13 10:41am

sheilajay

Member since Sun 26 May 13

Hi there,
          I used my Jamie Oliver fire pit/ pizza oven for the first time yesterday. I followed instructions, heated the pizza stone for about 30 mins, the charcoal was white and I felt that it was really hot. The pizza did not cook properly and I was really disappointed. What am I doing wrong please.
                                 Thanks
                                 Sheila

Likes (0)

#1056 Sun 26 May 13 8:32pm

spindrifter

Member since Sun 26 May 13

Hi Jamie, 
Where can I buy or which make are the liquidiser & food processor on page 14 of your book "15 minute meals" ?
Lovely smooth design machines.  I want them smile
Many thanks

Likes (0)

#1057 Sun 26 May 13 10:43pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

spindrifter wrote:

Hi Jamie, 
Where can I buy or which make are the liquidiser & food processor on page 14 of your book "15 minute meals

Hi spendrifter, My daughter has borrowed my copy of the book but if it's the same food processor as used on the TV show and in the DVDs (white with a bit of blue), we think it's a Phillips.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1058 Tue 28 May 13 1:21am

chef op bestell

Member since Mon 27 May 13

Hey jamie

whats youre favorite vegetables at the moment?
Can you post something on my facebook page
chef op bestelling

friendly greetings

Glenn van gerwen
Chef op bestelling
big_smile

Likes (0)

#1059 Wed 29 May 13 6:42pm

Beckid01

Member since Wed 29 May 13

Hi Jamie,

Please can you help my son Marshall who is nearly 7 months old has cows milk protein allergy and food protein intolerance so I am finding it very difficult putting meals together, at present he is unable to eat any dairy, potatoes (and sweet potato), rice, chicken, pork,lamb,beef, pear, fish, eggs, parsnips.

We are still in process of trying foods but have a limited amount of things he can have which are mainly veg, pasta, wheat, soya, tomatoes, apple, melon, as you can imagine I am struggling making food to fill him and to change round as the pasta is always with tomato sauce and the veg I mix together. I put apple or jam in porridge or wheatabix or use his special baby formula milk as a base......could you help in making some new things that are filling and different and that I could freeze for another day.

Regards
Rebecca help

Likes (0)

#1060 Thu 30 May 13 12:08pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Beckid01 wrote:

Hi Jamie,

Please can you help my son Marshall who is nearly 7 months old has cows milk protein allergy and food protein intolerance so I am finding it very difficult putting meals together, at present he is unable to eat any dairy, potatoes (and sweet potato), rice, chicken, pork,lamb,beef, pear, fish, eggs, parsnips.

We are still in process of trying foods but have a limited amount of things he can have which are mainly veg, pasta, wheat, soya, tomatoes, apple, melon, as you can imagine I am struggling making food to fill him and to change round as the pasta is always with tomato sauce and the veg I mix together. I put apple or jam in porridge or wheatabix or use his special baby formula milk as a base......could you help in making some new things that are filling and different and that I could freeze for another day.

Regards
Rebecca help

Welcome to the forum Beckido1  smile

7 months old ...He's young to have discovered so many intolerances , is he being treated at a hospital for this problem ?

Eggs allergy is quite a problem , how did he react to his vaccinations ?

My advice to you is to slow down trying to introduce different foods at the moment , at 7 months old your baby has an immature digestive tract and although its good to give different tastes and textures his body  seems to be struggling to cope .

I am sure I didn't give my children wetabix until after they were 1 year old , the recommendations then were to try to keep the babies fairly gluten free for the first year .

So what could you try that he might like and is soft enough for a 7 month baby .
My suggestion is pollenta , it's made from corn meal and can have savoury things added to it . It's quite gentle on the stomach and very versatile .
You can make it softer to eat warm or you cold make a firm pollenta that can be cooled and once set it can be cut into chips or fried in slices ( when he's older for the later 2 suggestions) also as he matures you can use polenta to crum the outside of things like chicken to make chicken nuggets.

Lentils might also be useful for you as they are filling and versatile.
Years ago I ha a copy of Rosé Elliot's book which I think was called ' Vegetarian mother and baby ..it might be helpful for you to get hold of a couple of vegetarian and also vegan cookbooks with recipes in that are suitable for babies .there are loads of babies that are bought up as vegetarian and this might help you find the dietary restrictions easier.

Just be carefully not to introduce to many different flavours too quickly , keep foods simple and gentle for a while .

crossed He may eventually grow out of the majority of these intolerances . crossed

Last edited by mummza (Thu 30 May 13 12:09pm)

Likes (0)