Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Mon 03 Jun 13 4:42pm

RebeccaBourhill

Occupation Student wanna be chef
From Rustenberg, South Africa
Member since Mon 30 Aug 10

Re: I really need your help....

MsPablo wrote:

Rebecca, I respectfully disagree with sergio on the spices and herbs in this dish.  The natural citrusy flavors will be brilliant without spices and herbs.  For the paper, I'd keep it kid-friendly and skip the alcohol, but you may want to add a little to see how you like it and suggest it as an optional ingredient.  I associate the flavor of orange liqueur with baby aspirin, unfortunately and it never has that natural citrus flavor to me, it tastes artificial like a combination of 'Tang' the powdered orange drink combined with raw alcohol.  In a margarita, I think it works because it's a big sweet, icky drink and you've kind of given up your standards once you go down that road anyway . . . some of this I say tongue-in-cheek, some of it is, sadly, serious. big_smile  tongue

A nice twist would be to show us how to mold the dish in a pretty way and garnish it.  I might represent the non-baker here when I say that I love chef-y tricks for making food pretty that I can do easily at home with little or no skill! big_smile

I also have the same view here.  I like to try and keep it kid friendly. Do you have an email I can send you the picture? I have had it profetionally photo shot. You can email me rebeccabourhill at gmail com and I can forward the pic to you.

Last edited by RebeccaBourhill (Mon 03 Jun 13 4:45pm)

Likes (0)

#12 Mon 03 Jun 13 4:47pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Ok, will do!

Likes (0)

#13 Mon 03 Jun 13 4:49pm

RebeccaBourhill

MsPablo wrote:

Ok, will do!

Its @ . gmail. You cant put email addresses up usually

Likes (0)

#14 Mon 03 Jun 13 4:55pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Thanks!  I love that you've garnished the dish with the fruit and zest on top.  It looks very inviting and elegant.  That's the perfect image to include when you submit to the paper. thumbsup

Last edited by MsPablo (Mon 03 Jun 13 4:55pm)

Likes (0)

#15 Sat 15 Jun 13 5:52pm

moeabdullah

From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Member since Wed 15 May 13

Hi Rebecca!

How was your recipe submission to the papers? Any new recipes? Please share with us your updates..

Likes (0)

#16 Tue 18 Jun 13 10:30am

RebeccaBourhill

Thanks for your interest, unfortunatly I have not submited it yet as I have been so busy with exams and they allow no time to yourself! I am going to submit it now as exams have finished and I have time. Will let you know! I actually do have another recipe that I invented one night and cam out so well! It is a bit like a pancake fruit stack and mascapone and then grilled with icing sugar so it was a bit like a creme Brulee topping. Shout if you would like the recipe....

Likes (0)

#17 Wed 19 Jun 13 8:10am

moeabdullah

Hi Rebecca!
You are giving me sleepless nights trying to envision this concogtion! Please do share and perhaps you might want to post a blog here so we all could share the recipe and see the photos. Here's an example of mine  http://www.jamieoliver.com/blogger/moeabdullah

As regards to printing your recipe, please keep working at it with your heart. You will find success as it is already waiting for you..

Regards
Moe

Likes (0)

#18 Wed 19 Jun 13 8:15am

moeabdullah

Hi Rebecca!
You are giving me sleepless nights trying to envision this concogtion! Please do share and perhaps you might want to post a blog here so we all could share the recipe and see the photos. Here's an example of mine  http://www.jamieoliver.com/blogger/moeabdullah

As regards to printing your recipe, please keep working at it with your heart. You will find success as it is already waiting for you..

Regards
Moe

Likes (0)

#19 Sat 22 Jun 13 2:12pm

RebeccaBourhill

I have posted the recipe on my blog, under wine...... I don't really know what that means but its up with a picture.

Likes (0)

#20 Tue 09 Jul 13 5:18pm

Jamie's Food Team

Member since Mon 21 Jan 13

Hi Rebecca, sorry for the late reply! Your recipe sounds nice but I reckon it could do with a couple of tweaks. First off calling your recipe a mousse is a bit misleading, I would call it a tropical fruit jelly. Why not add the zest and juice of a lime as well to zing things up a bit. If you reduce the fruit juices and sugar you will end up with a caramel so I would say 'stir over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved then bubble gently for a couple of minutes'. Then add your gelatine leaves. I would also leave out the milk as I think the flavour won't complement the sharp flavours of the fruit. I would say 'leave to cool' and then pour into a greased mould and leave in the refridgerater for a few hours or overnight until sold. Turn out onto a plate and serve with seasonal berries'. At Jamie Oliver we test every recipe we write to make sure it works but also more importantly that it tastes delcious too. Have you tested this recipe? I would test it before you publish it to make sure it's as good as it can be and you know for a fact it works. If it doesn't work or deosn't taste as good as you were hoping do a little research online and tweak it until you have found the perfect recipe. Then the newspaper will be gagging for you to write more! I hope this helps.

Likes (2)