forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1131 Fri 05 Jul 13 12:47pm

ken@15min

Member since Fri 05 Jul 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi!

I've been watching most of your videos in TLC and you really did good (good food and cooking). And as I observed some of the recipes need to be cooked in the oven. I love most of the recipes and dying to make it as well. I'm not a chef but I love cooking much I enjoy cooking for my friends and family:-). Anyway what I would like to ask, is there an alternative way of cooking aside from doing it in an oven? I just had a toaster and a microwave.

Thanks,
Kenneth

Likes (0)

#1132 Sun 07 Jul 13 4:19pm

alepalacios

Member since Sun 07 Jul 13

Hi! i am from Monterrey, Mexico (my english is no good big_smile)
i see a show from Oliver 15 min. meals
and i want a recipe from that show, and i do not find it sad
in that episode Oliver made a rosemary chicken whit cherry tomatoes, and pasta
the pasta recipe is that i need, is a lasagna pasta cut and boil in water and then he put pesto and spinach and green beans 
I've only seen the TV commercials on that episode just spend like 20 seconds and is all that I can see, I have not seen that episode, could you help me whit the recipe??
tks
Ale Palacios

Likes (0)

#1133 Sun 07 Jul 13 4:44pm

Jampiecover

Member since Sat 06 Jul 13

Hi Jamie
I have to start by confessing that I don't like cooking. Never have and we have always been guilty of making quick meals out of a box or ordering out. As you can imagine we're not the healthiest of families. I'm a Mother of three kids under 8 and works full-time. I can't begin to tell you how tired I am when getting home and the biggest reason for my lack of cooking spirit is a disorganised outdated and cluttered kitchen. We are in the fortunate position of having brand new kitchen cupboards installed next week. And it also looks like my parents-in-law will soon be moving into a granny flat on our premises.

For the last few weeks (while not having a kitchen) I've been really starting to crave good home-made meals. I saw one of your episodes on the fifteen minute meals series and I must say that this really looks like it could suit me. I know at first I might not be able to make it in 15 minutes but I just love the recipes. They are quick, healthy and made with ingredients that could be stocked up in the basic household.

I'm now considering to buy your book... 15 minute meal book, but it looks like all the recipes are only for 2-4 servings. I did buy your Android app 20 minute meals but found the same problem.

The question I have for you is this:
- Can I multiply all the ingredients by 2 if I have to cook for 7?
- Would you perhaps consider releasing 15 minute meal app for Android and have the option to choose the amount of servings (up to 8)? Then I don't have to experiment and maybe get discouraged to cook because most of my meals taste bad?

Sorry for long post... hope you'll be able to answer me personally.

Likes (0)

#1134 Mon 08 Jul 13 10:02am

tbull

Member since Sun 07 Jul 13

I can't get Patak's Tikka paste in Australia. What brand could I use instead or do you think it would be better to make it from scratch?

Likes (0)

#1135 Tue 09 Jul 13 3:27am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

tbull wrote:

I can't get Patak's Tikka paste in Australia. What brand could I use instead or do you think it would be better to make it from scratch?

Sharwoods is generally reliable smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#1136 Tue 09 Jul 13 6:13pm

Jamie's Food Team

Member since Mon 21 Jan 13

Amandatrant wrote:

Hi, I was given some beautiful venison from Scotland earlier this year.  i made a casserole with some straight away and froze the rest.  I think our friend had been given a whole haunch of red deer and couldn't fit it all in his freezer.  Anyway I was wondering if there is a way I can tell if the meat would be suitable for cooking like a steak or whether I need to cook it long and slow?

Amanda

The best thing to do is find a diagram online and work out which cut of meat you have from there then search for recipes using each cut. The saddle is the most tender part of the animal and is great cut into thick steaks, seared on either side and served medium rare. The other parts of the animal are a little more complicated and many do need slow cooking to tenderize. The best thing to do is either as your butcher or do a little research online. I hope that helps!

Likes (0)

#1137 Tue 09 Jul 13 9:26pm

Haz1

Member since Tue 09 Jul 13

Do you still make school food nice because my school has repulsive food
WWW.broadoakschool.co.uk
We need help to sort the food out please help me. help

Likes (0)

#1138 Thu 11 Jul 13 3:17pm

Virenkshah

Member since Thu 11 Jul 13

Hi Jamie. I have been watching your 15 minute meals and want to make the steamed coconut buns...however was wondering if it would work if i stuff the buns with meat or veg before steaming?

Likes (0)

#1139 Thu 11 Jul 13 6:08pm

taliassteak

Member since Mon 20 May 13

How can I prepare delicious Kosher food?

Likes (0)

#1140 Sat 13 Jul 13 3:27pm

manitho

Member since Sat 13 Jul 13

hello everybody from venice, italy! it's my first time on any forum and i really dont know how it works, my english is ...well ...so and so.... anyway i do need some help and advices...IT'S TIME TO CHANGE! after 13 years of a fish restaurant we're going to STEAK HOUSE, that means meat: hamburgers, t-bone steaks, ribs, pork and else. restaurant hold about 300 sits, and we need all advices and suggests for cooking and serving.

Likes (0)