Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Fri 05 Jul 13 5:41pm

useimagination

Occupation Archivist/Museum assistant
From Namibia,Africa
Member since Tue 12 Feb 13

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello all....gone a for a few weeks.
I am from Namibia ,Africa. Big Fan of Jamie and love the forum learned so much. Am a real newbie not that long on yet...but really like it here... smile

Likes (0)

#12 Fri 05 Jul 13 7:10pm

dsyana

Member since Fri 05 Jul 13

Hi..im Dessy.. really love t show..always give me some inspiration of what to cook  smile  thumbsup to u jamie... n t team too

Likes (0)

#13 Mon 15 Jul 13 5:58am

Leanne71

Member since Mon 15 Jul 13

Hello All,

I am from Western Australia and Jamie's 15/30 minute meal program's are favourites in our house.

We have been getting a bit more serious about our food in the last 12 months or so and my kids are eager to try out what Jamie has been showing them on tv. Food is becoming more than just a necessity and is becoming fun and interesting.

We homeschool so we are using some of Jamie's recipes to round out our cultural learnings of other countries! It's been an adventure and we look forward to learning more!

Leanne  smile

Likes (0)

#14 Mon 15 Jul 13 11:10am

Earthmum

Forum champ
Occupation HR / mum / jack of all trades
From England
Member since Mon 21 Sep 09

Hello everyone.

I am also an old timer ( though not as old as some  wink ), welcome newbies stay a while we are a friendly bunch, well most of the time anyway  thumbsup .  When we have a disagreement its always over how/what/which way to cook something, and lets face it we all have our own ways which is what makes us different.  but there is no hard feelings, and I for one love to learn a new approach to things.  As my Dad use to say " the day I stop wanting to learn will be the day to hang up my cloggs ".

Happy cooking

Gem

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 17 Jul 13 2:30am

kate124

Member since Tue 16 Jul 13

Hello everyone! I am from South East Asian region and a lawyer by profession.  I joined the forum because I am a food lover. Everything on the forum is new to me but I am really enjoying it.
york wild kingdom
niagara falls tour from new york 1 day

Last edited by kate124 (Sat 27 Jul 13 7:16am)

Likes (0)

#16 Wed 17 Jul 13 2:08pm

alenbruce

Member since Wed 17 Jul 13

Hey  I am Alen Bruce !! I am an ice cream lover. I have joined your forum to have tasty tasty ice-cream recipes.

Likes (0)

#17 Wed 17 Jul 13 3:50pm

RococoKitchen

Hi everyone! RococoKitchen here, we are a local cafe linked to the Rococo Garden and just love making fresh recipes from our very own vegetables which seem out of the ordinary, currently working with marrows if anyone has any ideas?

Likes (0)

#18 Wed 17 Jul 13 4:24pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Hi Rococo.  It's nice to hear about your garden and cafe.  I love the concept of using produce from your garden for your customers.  If you're able to share some photos, that'd be nice.

We tend to use squash at an earlier stage when it is small and very tender.  I assume marrow is a squash that has gotten big and a bit harder.  One of my favorite dishes is to 'stuff'' a variety of vegetables including squash.  Instead of pushing the filling down into a hollowed-out vegetable, I slice the squash and other vegs and put the filling on top where it will brown well in the oven.  I've used a corn/vegs blend and various sausage blends as well.  This goes nicely with a quick sauce made from stock, mirepoix or shallots and garlic and thickened with something like sour cream.  A little brandy or sherry added is nice.

Good luck!  Let us know what you come up with.

Likes (0)

#19 Wed 17 Jul 13 7:37pm

big_jase

From Near Jamie, London, UK

Hi Jamie! I've just signed up, I can't believe I hadn't seen your site before, I'm such a big fan. EEEEEK - so excited that Jamie is actually going to read something I write - how does he have the time?  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile
I'm not very good with computers, so I don't use forums very often - but having looked around I can see this being something I use a lot - probably every day to get ideas for dinner!!!!
Tonight I'm going to do something from Jamie's 30 minute meals. I love these - such a great idea. I must be a bit slow though, as I usually can't complete them in that time.
Anyway - watch this space for more posts from me shortly.
Jase
x

Likes (1)

#20 Thu 18 Jul 13 3:01pm

RococoKitchen

MsPablo wrote:

Hi Rococo.  It's nice to hear about your garden and cafe.  I love the concept of using produce from your garden for your customers.  If you're able to share some photos, that'd be nice.

Hi MsPablo we have a twitter feed if you're interested @RococoKitchen we like to upload all the food we create on their and also ask for suggestions for new interesting ways to use our ingredients, (in fact this was the reason we came on to here in order to get some new fresh ideas!)
We went for a Beetroot, Carrot and Dill burger which was very successful and tasted great.
Thanks for the idea, we have beetroots coming out of our ears so will try out the recipe.

Likes (3)