My new Google tablet smile  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#862 Tue 23 Jul 13 12:39am

CatyL

Occupation Free Lance Editor
From San Francisco CA
Member since Mon 26 Apr 10

Re: Last item you bought ?

My brother ... neither a foodie, nor a cook ... bought a house that is just about ready for moving-in, after several months of upgrades.   What an opportunity for Sis, who is ready to "move up" from kitchen wares which are (shall we say) "time honored!"

He's perfectly happy to have my hand-me-downs, so all is well on that front.

-My very old Revere Ware pots 'n pans, with copper bottoms are now his.  And, I found a "last year's version" sale on a Scanpan collection for a little less than half-price.  (Be still, my heart!)

-My very old "butcher block" knife set, which I bought in leaner times, but is still serviceable, is now his.  Tomorrow, I'm going shopping for an upgraded set.  (The mind reels)

-This weekend, I went to Ross (a US, maybe Canadian too) chain that buys huge lots of good brands of overstock from other stores, and sells them at a premium price.   I bought; a peeler, a can opener, some tongs, measuring cups/spoons,  a grater, and a small collection of stirring spoons/ladles.  Who knows what he'll use?   But,  I had fun.    smile

Likes (0)

#863 Tue 23 Jul 13 1:17am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

What fun Catyl! You'll be enjoying finding them all out!

I was in the op shop and noticed a big tagine sitting on the bench. Asked about it and got it for $6.
It was one of those gas top/electric top/oven/microwave/dishwasher safe ones in fire engine red, never been used. They are over $100 in our local shop and $90 on the net. Win!

Likes (2)

#864 Tue 23 Jul 13 3:36am

CatyL

Occupation Free Lance Editor
From San Francisco CA
Member since Mon 26 Apr 10

clap , JoyYam!  The great deals on things ... especially those things that will last for such a long time .. are so satisfying.

Likes (2)

#865 Wed 28 Aug 13 3:39pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

That's a big wine Joy. Well done.

I bought a haircut today. Nothing flash. Just a trim.

Likes (0)