forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 02 Mar 12 10:20am

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Jamie's Ministry of Food - what's it all about?

Hi everyone,

Thanks to those of you who are helping out by taking some of the Ministry of Food classes and writing about them here on the site. Check back on this thread as the forum members start to write about the classes and let us all know a bit more about this great initiative.

Cheers

Dan

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 25 Apr 12 4:05pm

alipscomb

Member since Wed 25 Apr 12

Re: Jamie's Ministry of Food - what's it all about?

I would like to find out more information on what is being done in the US. We are willing to help and start an organization that will educated others on healthy food.  Most importantly our children and the schools.  We are located in North Carolina and our top industry is agriculture in our county. We have the first dairy farmer in the state to be certified organic. We have been lead to do a Food Revolution Day on May 19th at our store Farm Fresh MarketPlace.  With all of that said, is there a way to find out more information on partnering or helping to promote The Food Revolution in the US & our local area?  Thanks for any info!

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 25 Oct 12 8:06pm

Sakmia

Member since Thu 25 Oct 12

No wisdom here, just a thumbs up. Have been frying & BBQing for years, but never used the oven and am lousy at gravy.

Bought Ministry of Food last weekend and made Roast Beef (page 192), Roast Veg (page 202) and Gravy (page 205). First meal without TV for weeks and enjoyed great food and family time.

So maybe some wisdom afterall ...

Thanks, Mike.

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 11 Feb 13 10:20am

niedziwied¼

Member since Sun 11 Dec 11

Hello Jamie
My name is Joanna I'm com from Poland exactly from Silesia .
I write to tell You how important is Your job bicouse not only children need education about food .In spite of the fact that we adults fet auer kids we need it morre.
Although I'm a woman , I'm in Your age and I've got three children  I don't know nothing about cooking  .Reasume I'm bedly cooker. However as long I have a bread and butter .... smile
Anyway I edmiare You  and I wishe to be able to doing what You do.I'm very sory for my english ,I'm learning smile
Regrets from Poland.

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 09 Mar 13 10:37pm

hiscreation2

Member since Sat 09 Mar 13

Hi Jamie,
I'm an American transplanted to southern Alberta, Canada, to a large space of dirt.  I started my own Victory Garden and am loving the freshness of what I can grow.  I just got your books Food Revolution and Jamie's America and I'm positively thrilled!  I love way out in the country but I'm going to blog some of the things I have learned so that my "teach two" can be done long distance.  Thank you so much for all the recipes, the videos, the books and most of all your effort and heart in bringing these to us.  You are right, this is important!
Lynn

Likes (0)

#6 Thu 12 Sep 13 3:31am

oceanbluespiral

Member since Wed 11 Sep 13

Hi.   I am from Australia and recently completed a 5 lesson short course at the Ministry of Food mobile kitchen.  I absolutely loved it.  The trainer Emma was fantastic at engaging us and making it fun.   Was great to bring it back to basics.  Since finishing the lessons my love for cooking has been completely re-ignited and I have since been cooking up a storm for my family. They are loving it!  My 10 year old son has even been taking an interest in food, cooking it and good choices as a result of seeing my enthusiasm.  I am even planning a dinner party to take place in about 2 months time to celebrate our home renovations being completed. 
I don't know how the Ministry of Food is reaching out in other parts of the world but if you can get an opportunity to partake in the course DO IT!  You won't regret it at all.  Oh an it was so affordable AU$50 for the 5 weeks and you got to take home what you made

Likes (0)