Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1171 Sat 21 Sep 13 2:31pm

acglopes07

Member since Sun 01 Sep 13

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi,

I just moved to Brazil and where I am I can´t find mascarpone cheese. What other product can I use to replace it on this recipe http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege … one-icing?

Thanks, Cristina

Last edited by acglopes07 (Sat 21 Sep 13 2:32pm)

Likes (0)

#1172 Sat 21 Sep 13 7:41pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum acglopes07 smile

There are loads of recipes on the Internet that tell you how to make mascarpone cheese ,( I wish I'd thought of looking this up before today ) so thank you for your post. Making home made mascapone seems easy to do and so I will give this a try next time I need some !
This is the first one of a long list that I found on the Internet .

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/0 … heese.html

Likes (0)

#1173 Wed 25 Sep 13 11:44am

croakie

Member since Wed 25 Sep 13

Hi, my daughter has just gone off to university and has bought loads of fruit and frozen it so it doesn't go off. However she doesn't have much knowledge of cooking (despite my endless offers to teach her) and intends to make smoothies which is great. However I had to tell her that her hand blender will not cope with frozen fruit!
Please can you tell me, would any liquidiser cope with frozen fruit or will the blades or motor get ruined? Thanks

Likes (0)

#1174 Wed 25 Sep 13 5:15pm

allisachasity

Member since Mon 23 Sep 13

What is the method of cooking pizza in microwave?

Likes (0)

#1175 Thu 26 Sep 13 2:32pm

witchipoo

Occupation I QA and Pack plastic pouches.
From Queensland Australia
Member since Thu 18 Nov 10

Hi Jamie, been a fan for many years, love that most of your recipes easily convert to gluten free, as I'm coeliac. Currently watching your new show, " Save with Jamie", you did a segment about not throwing out fruit, and gave several hint to freezing fruit, you didn't mention critrus fruits, like oranges and manderines, is it ossible to freeze these. thanks for all the years of pleasure you have given me.

Likes (0)

#1176 Fri 27 Sep 13 1:49am

kameni

Member since Fri 27 Sep 13

Hi .. Squid, I'm interested in the way you save calamari as a main dish, not a salad, I have an unusual way of domestic saving, or stewing calamari, which in fact have no taste of fish or squid but the taste and smell are the most excellent, I'm not a chef, it is my wish was simple but conditions are not allowed, so I'm interested in how you store ...... This is a Google translator, so sorry to mistakes .....

Likes (0)

#1177 Fri 27 Sep 13 4:24am

Liz McHugh

DebDiMaggio wrote:

I can't get things crispy when I roast them, like chicken, or potatoes. I think it's because my oven is electric, but even when I use the old, heating up the fat in the oven and then putting the spuds in- trick I can't seem to get them to go crispy. My friends suggested I cheat and do roast spuds in the deep fryer but it's not the healthiest option. Everything I roast ends up looking poached.

hmm

Likes (0)

#1178 Fri 27 Sep 13 7:08am

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

croakie wrote:

Hi, my daughter has just gone off to university and has bought loads of fruit and frozen it so it doesn't go off. However she doesn't have much knowledge of cooking (despite my endless offers to teach her) and intends to make smoothies which is great. However I had to tell her that her hand blender will not cope with frozen fruit!
Please can you tell me, would any liquidiser cope with frozen fruit or will the blades or motor get ruined? Thanks

I bought a kichenAid blender/ liquidiser years ago because it was about the only one on the market at that time that crushed ice , but I think there are now others also .
The kitchenaid blender that I have was expensive but its lasted really well and must be over 15 years old now .
The only problem is that they take up quite a lot if room in uni-rooms .

I hated it when my son and daughters left home and went to uni , I also worried about them cooking and eating properly . I need not have spent those sleepless nights as they all coped ! (Even my 'reluctant cook' now cooks a bit !) as my family had not eaten ready meals they were used to fresh home cooked food and after trying ready meals a few times soon worked out how to cook !
I did buy a good almost step by step fairly basic cook book for my son then his sisters also for a copy .

Likes (0)

#1179 Fri 27 Sep 13 7:11am

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

allisachasity wrote:

What is the method of cooking pizza in microwave?

I don't think you can cook pizza sucsesfuly  in the microwave .

Likes (0)

#1180 Fri 27 Sep 13 10:20pm

maggie.maggan

Hello Jamie, I just moved to live in the university in England and as you probably know the food habit change dramatically. My question is how can I maintain my food habits but still keep my self to a strict budget and are there any special recipes that are good for a student and at the same time fast and easy, I have some idea for what i will cook for the coming 3 days but after that i am completely blank.

Thank you for answering smile

Likes (0)