forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#991 Sun 16 Feb 14 6:26pm

CappyR

Occupation Boat captain
From South Louisiana
Member since Mon 27 Jan 14

Re: THE gluten-free thread

Thanks Ms pablo ya aint gonna regret trying the cookies unless ya dont want to eat too many.  I am kinda stuborn when it comes to computers thats why I spent a hour trying to post a cookie picture.  I aint gave up on the avatar.........yet.

Likes (0)

#992 Sun 16 Feb 14 10:32pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

MsPablo wrote:

You can send your avatar to the admins - see the 'contact the team' link above on the left.  They'll size it for you. big_smile

(I sent mine just before last Easter/Passover and I'm still waiting smile ).

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (4)

#993 Sun 16 Feb 14 11:37pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Maree wrote:

MsPablo wrote:

You can send your avatar to the admins - see the 'contact the team' link above on the left.  They'll size it for you. big_smile

Maree, you constantly complain about what the admins are not doing for you.  Why don't you simply make another request?  It's not as if they have nothing else to do.  I'm sure it was an oversight on their part.

Likes (5)

#994 Sun 16 Feb 14 11:49pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

MsPablo wrote:

Maree wrote:

MsPablo wrote:

Maree, you constantly complain about what the admins are not doing for you.  Why don't you simply make another request?  It's not as if they have nothing else to do.  I'm sure it was an oversight on their part.

Do I? Wasn't aware of that, MsP smile. Merlin started a thread on the avatar "situation" (in addition to the one Eric started some years ago). There's a problem with sizing. Apparently, it's being looked into smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#995 Mon 17 Feb 14 4:28pm

CappyR

Occupation Boat captain
From South Louisiana

Well I finally did it by shrinking my avitar till it was postage stamp small and grainy.  I had to down size it to less than 100 x 100 for it to work.

Likes (0)

#996 Fri 21 Mar 14 7:25am

lmbathome

From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member since Fri 21 Feb 14

MMMM Those Charlie Brown cookies do look good & easy too - thanks CappyR. I will definitely give them a try,!. Don't need to be G.F. any more but I still bake that way because that's what I'm used too. also my cupboard only has G.F. flours etc. lol I will also substitute my soy nut butter for peanut butter. Allergic to nuts. Why are they called Charlie Brown cookies?? neutral

Last edited by lmbathome (Fri 21 Mar 14 7:30am)

Likes (0)

#997 Fri 21 Mar 14 10:46am

CappyR

Occupation Boat captain
From South Louisiana

Not sure why they call 'em Charlie Browns but I know chocolate peanut butter ice cream is Charley Brown too.

Likes (0)

#998 Sun 27 Apr 14 1:35pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Made to delis smiths old fashioned cherry cake recipe omitting the cherries and using gluten free flour. Topped with apples, cinnamon and sugar

Likes (0)

#999 Wed 30 Apr 14 12:27pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

http://www.jamieoliver.com/newsandblogs … ness-week/

Happening in the news part of the site. I was a touch disappointed that vegan was included in the same concept. Vegan is a choice unlike allergies or intolerances. I think it's an important distinction to make. While there will be vegans who have intolerances it's rare exceptions not the rule. I don't like being lumped in with extra restrictions because eggs really help in gluten free cooking.

Likes (0)

#1000 Wed 30 Apr 14 12:37pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia

I recently went to a cafe in leura in the blue mountains which was more gluten free than as is usual. It was called Lily's pad. It was ok. There were more gluten free dishes than you generally see and the only pancakes they do are gluten free. But they weren't very good. Doughy and with that gluten free back taste. I do better at home. I also wasn't impressed at receiving a couple of marshmallows (regular flour coated) with my hot chocolate (sorry hot at top then cold at the bottom) right after I'd ordered a gluten free meal and checked with the waitress that it was gluten free.

Likes (0)