any recipes for buns.

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)

#2 Wed 12 Mar 14 9:47pm

lmbathome

From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member since Fri 21 Feb 14

Re: buns

What kind of buns user 2014? I tend to cheat & use packaged bun dough, then roll into balls place in a glass pan. Top with garlic & onion powder & paprika, then bake until golden. I know it's not "from scratch" but it still tastes good & is quick & easy!

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 12 Mar 14 9:56pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Yes, user2014, what type of buns?

I don't make them much these days but I used to make sunflower rolls. Rolled the dough into balks and put them into a springform pan so when they baked they touched and had to be separated (much like monkey bread). I avoid "empty" carbs these days and have to watch my gluten intake smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4 Thu 13 Mar 14 10:14pm

user2014

Forum champ
Occupation student
From kuklen,plovdiv,bulgaria
Member since Sun 05 Jan 14

what is monkey bread.

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)

#5 Fri 14 Mar 14 12:26am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

I had never heard of monkey bread until I joined an American food site in the mid 90s. I discovered what I'd been doing for years (putting balls of dough in a springform pan) was referred to as "monkey bread".

I just Googled "monkey bread" to get an image for you, user2014. And learned that it's typically a sweet breakfast dish in the US using commercially available dough. Mine was always savoury (typically to go with a family BBQ). Here's a picture from Google:

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (3)